• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Isle of Man SailRail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzby

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2023
Messages
1,692
Location
Glasgow, Scotland
Are the above tickets still available on the Forum site? I’ve tried various dates from December to February and I keep getting no options using Glasgow to Douglas. Tks!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MrJeeves

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
28 Aug 2015
Messages
4,715
Location
Burgess Hill
The answer hasn't changed since the last time you asked ;)

Are RailSail tickets possible? I keep getting HTTP422 errors and it fails the lookup. Tried Glasgow to Douglas IOM without success, then to Heysham (just in case the ferry was the issue) but got the same error.
Retail of the IoM Steam Packet fares was discontinued after it became apparent - following conversations with Steam Packet and a regrettable incident involving a customer being overcharged for entirely new tickets when attempting to board - that additional software engineering work would be necessary to give customers a good experience when booking these fares and travelling on Steam Packet's service.
 

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2013
Messages
5,474
Location
London
Are the above tickets still available on the Forum site? I’ve tried various dates from December to February and I keep getting no options using Glasgow to Douglas. Tks!
Looking at Fujitsu Journey Planner, Avanti have yet to put the ferry times in beyond 13th December. As such, they're not currently available through any sales channels that use a journey planner.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top