• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is weight a reason for not getting the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angua1973

New Member
Joined
22 Sep 2022
Messages
2
Location
Oxfordshire
Just been offered a job as a service delivery assistant subject to a medical. I was wondering if my weight might make me fail the medical. I’m 6ft 2in and weight about 18 stone. I am fit as I currently work in a warehouse and have no other issues with my health. I am on a diet to lose some of my excess weight, but I’m worried it might be an issue when doing the medical. Any advice?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LowLevel

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2013
Messages
8,930
As you've presented it, you'll not have any issues of that sort.
 

BrokenSam

Member
Joined
18 May 2020
Messages
272
Location
North Wales
Just been offered a job as a service delivery assistant subject to a medical. I was wondering if my weight might make me fail the medical. I’m 6ft 2in and weight about 18 stone. I am fit as I currently work in a warehouse and have no other issues with my health. I am on a diet to lose some of my excess weight, but I’m worried it might be an issue when doing the medical. Any advice?
Stop bragging about how skinny you are!
 

Stigy

Established Member
Joined
6 Nov 2009
Messages
4,969
You’ll be fine. Even if your BMI is a bit high, if you’re physically fit it’s not an issue (BMI is a rubbish measure anyway for this reason). Even if you were short and fat you’d probably be okay.
 

RyanC87

Member
Joined
26 Jul 2022
Messages
185
Location
Holyhead
Everyone has already said it, no issues absolutely fine. Unless you had underlying medical issues you'll pass the medical.
 

blackwhite

On Moderation
Joined
21 Sep 2022
Messages
1
Location
UK
Don't worry about it, if you don't have any problems with health. Especially, if you are on a diet, your condition will be better
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top