trainophile
Established Member
I was just looking at a trip in the first week after new year, w/com 6th Jan. Unfortunately Trainsplit is giving the error page as they don't seem to go that far, despite it being the 12th week from now. I wanted to be ahead of the game to get the best priced tickets as I know they sell out fast.
I tried various other operators' sites, with limited success as some of them are so complicated. Ended up on GWR after some considerable effort, with it not liking my password, and when I tried to re-register telling me that email address is already in use. Somehow or other I managed to get there in the end, and was offered crazy cheap prices for Chester to Llandudno on 7th January and back again on 9th Jan. £2.75 each way with railcard
. I can't even work that out off BR Fares, but having established it wasn't selling me Child tickets as it accepted my Senior railcard, I went ahead and bought them.
On the NRE page it currently says TfW tickets are presently available up to 2nd Jan for weekdays, so I'm not sure how GWR managed to offer them for 7th and 9th.
Are railcard prices calculated by subtracting 33% from the full price? Or is there some other formula?
Also is there any chance that Trainsplit might at some stage extend its booking horizon? I'm presuming the forum site is the same as they are both part of Raileasy? I much prefer to use them but it's frustrating that they have a limited future booking period. I abandoned even trying on the TfW site as it's awful and impossible to use. TPE was messy, I was running out of ideas so Googled "buy train tickets in UK" and GWR came up. Not particularly user friendly but they did offer these ridiculously cheap Advances for my dates.
www.nationalrail.co.uk
I tried various other operators' sites, with limited success as some of them are so complicated. Ended up on GWR after some considerable effort, with it not liking my password, and when I tried to re-register telling me that email address is already in use. Somehow or other I managed to get there in the end, and was offered crazy cheap prices for Chester to Llandudno on 7th January and back again on 9th Jan. £2.75 each way with railcard
On the NRE page it currently says TfW tickets are presently available up to 2nd Jan for weekdays, so I'm not sure how GWR managed to offer them for 7th and 9th.
Are railcard prices calculated by subtracting 33% from the full price? Or is there some other formula?
Also is there any chance that Trainsplit might at some stage extend its booking horizon? I'm presuming the forum site is the same as they are both part of Raileasy? I much prefer to use them but it's frustrating that they have a limited future booking period. I abandoned even trying on the TfW site as it's awful and impossible to use. TPE was messy, I was running out of ideas so Googled "buy train tickets in UK" and GWR came up. Not particularly user friendly but they did offer these ridiculously cheap Advances for my dates.
Advance Booking Dates | National Rail
Find out the farthest travel dates in the future it is possible to book Advance tickets and reserve seats today.