• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is the BVE4/openBVE Jubilee Line still being worked on???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
52
Thanks, but I have all three of the currently available Jubilee Line routes. I also heard Baker Street to Charing Cross is being extended to Finchley Road in the near future.
 

Gavelex

Member
Joined
9 Sep 2006
Messages
461
Location
london
There is also Baker Street to Bermondsey available.
Don't hold your breath about it being extended back to Finchley, I have not done anything with that part of the Jubilee line in over a year.
 
Joined
4 May 2009
Messages
275
James, are you planning to realse d stock train and 1983 stock? looking forward to them!
 

317653

Member
Joined
20 Aug 2010
Messages
61
I have heard about the Victoria Line on BVE4
any ideas when that will be released
 

Jordy

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2005
Messages
8,466
Location
WCML South
I get that these things are done in peoples free time and they don't get any money from it etc etc, but what is the harm in someone asking about the progress of a route? If I was creating a route I'd be happy to hear that people were taking an interest in it :)

Replies like "When it's ready" are not very helpful. I'd be interested to hear if there is any progress with the Victoria line, all I heard was that it was "proposed" and haven't heard anything since.
 

MCR247

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2008
Messages
10,293
You have a point, but they do it in they're free time so if they give a release date and it is delayed you get a lot of 'where is it' etc questions
 

Jordy

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2005
Messages
8,466
Location
WCML South
Indeed which is fair enough, I just think in general (not just aiming this at you by any means) people can seem rather blunt when asked a reasonable question. No one is forcing anyone to answer it so it shouldn't really be seen as annoying. I agree with release dates - people shouldn't moan if things take longer than expected but there's no harm in seeing how things are going.
 

Darandio

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2007
Messages
11,145
Location
Redcar
I had it tonight on my latest preview video of Bristol to Exeter for Railworks, its fine to be asked but people need to know where to draw the line.

Here is how it went. Please note, I am not picking on this particular guy, I get it daily, both publicly and in private.

User: WHEN WILL IT BE REALED????!?!?!!?!? PPPPLLLLEEEAAASSSEEEE JUST TELL MEEEEE

Me: When its finished. :) Note the smile.

User: which will roughly be....

Me: When I complete the route and hand it to Just Trains. I dont have a date, sorry.

User: well,how close ar you to finishing

Me: Twenty questions tonight! Thats for me to know, I cannot tell you that.

Still awaiting a reply. The top and bottom is, I cannot give a date out to him as I dont know one myself. As soon as I publicly broadcast a date, people hold you to it and if you have problems and don't meet the date people do start complaining.

It doesn't beat a private one on another forum last week though. I told the user I couldn't give a date to which the reply was, "you have to, it's in the public interest" :lol:

Sorry to steer away from topic, just trying to add to the point discussed above.
 

Gavelex

Member
Joined
9 Sep 2006
Messages
461
Location
london
My Victoria line (northbound) is hardly started, although all track is finished.

Dan Floyd's southbound is practicly finished and will be uploaded at the same time as my 67 stock.

I hope to finish both the 09 stock and the Northbound at the same time...





re: when will it be done.
I don't mind people asking what progress there has been, but asking for a date it will be finished does get a bit annoying, especially with people like the following:


Dan: "Dear james could you send me the files of your victoria line at the movent because my your madaboutrains can do a review about your work thank you Please not RAR. or 7zip files please

but exe , zip or folder i can use

thanks

Madaboutrains

dan Morrison

www.youtube.com/madaboutrains"

(sent twice)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Me: "Why can't you wait until I finish it like everyone else?"

-------------------------------------------------------------

Dan: "i ve had lots of Mail from people asking me to do a review"

-------------------------------------------------------------

Dan: "And also the 1967 and the 2009 stock"

-------------------------------------------------------------

Me: "I will not be sending you anything before is is available to the general public on my website.

I have no idea why you think I will send it to you before I finish it when I don't even know you."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Dan: "when will it be available"

-------------------------------------------------------------

Me: "When it's finished."
 

Jordy

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2005
Messages
8,466
Location
WCML South
Yeah I get the dates thing, what annoys me is people who get annoyed when asked how a route is progressing.
 

The Snap

Established Member
Joined
10 Jun 2005
Messages
3,156
Reading the various posts Jordy has made in this thread, I have to say I couldn't agree more with him!

It is annoying when people moan if you don't meet a deadline you've published - the answer to that one is, don't publish a deadline! :p There's no harm whatsoever in asking how a route is going, or indeed when it will be released, as the author of the route can then answer the question in their own way.
When someone who has nothing to do with the route, or building anything for BE for that matter, says "When it's ready" like MCR247 did, it's frustrating because it's not a helpful, nor a polite response. If you don't know the answer to the question, don't respond. Save the useless, arsey replies for elsewhere. Simple.

And before anyone asks, I have practically retired from BVE these days, but BRT remains open under the management of Dan Floyd ;).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top