I will start by saying I always pay the correct fare. Recently on a train, I noticed a Scotrail poster advising the success the company was having at catching fare dodgers. You never see anybody on this forum asking for advice on how to deal with a letter from Scotrail.
In my time travelling I’ve only ever seen one block at Johnstone station where everybody had to show a ticket before travelling. Fare dodging seems to be rampant on my local line. People getting to Glasgow central and then buying a ticket from Pollokshields East the last stop before Central, when they have come much further. Also on a lot of lines there ain’t ticket barriers and people seem to jump on the train and only pay if challenged.
But posters ain’t going to work. Is Scotrail finally starting to take this issue seriously? What can Scotrail do to crack down on fare dodging?
In my time travelling I’ve only ever seen one block at Johnstone station where everybody had to show a ticket before travelling. Fare dodging seems to be rampant on my local line. People getting to Glasgow central and then buying a ticket from Pollokshields East the last stop before Central, when they have come much further. Also on a lot of lines there ain’t ticket barriers and people seem to jump on the train and only pay if challenged.
But posters ain’t going to work. Is Scotrail finally starting to take this issue seriously? What can Scotrail do to crack down on fare dodging?