Hi guys
I live very close to two train stations in Glasgow. Muirend is the closest and the one that I use throughout the week. Its on the Neilston line. The other station is Langside which is slightly further away and is on the Cathcart Circle line. I buy a monthly season ticket between Muirned and Glasgow Central. The ticket price between Muirend and Glasgow Central is more expensive than the ticket price between Langside and Muriend.
I got talking to my neighbour yesterday. He was telling me that on a regular basis he caught the train from Muirend to Glasgow (buying the usual daily return). However, if he got to Glasgow Central and had just missed the Muirend train (30 minute frequency), he would pop on the Cathcart Circle line and get off at Langside. There's barrier at Glasgow Central. The Cathcart Circle and Neilston line share various stations (if you go round the circle in the right direction).
I've never done this but there have been a few occasions were I've missed the muirend train. I would have thought this would not be allowed. My ticket does say to Muirend by any permitted route but does that mean you can get off at Langside and walk?
Thank you
Newguy
I live very close to two train stations in Glasgow. Muirend is the closest and the one that I use throughout the week. Its on the Neilston line. The other station is Langside which is slightly further away and is on the Cathcart Circle line. I buy a monthly season ticket between Muirned and Glasgow Central. The ticket price between Muirend and Glasgow Central is more expensive than the ticket price between Langside and Muriend.
I got talking to my neighbour yesterday. He was telling me that on a regular basis he caught the train from Muirend to Glasgow (buying the usual daily return). However, if he got to Glasgow Central and had just missed the Muirend train (30 minute frequency), he would pop on the Cathcart Circle line and get off at Langside. There's barrier at Glasgow Central. The Cathcart Circle and Neilston line share various stations (if you go round the circle in the right direction).
I've never done this but there have been a few occasions were I've missed the muirend train. I would have thought this would not be allowed. My ticket does say to Muirend by any permitted route but does that mean you can get off at Langside and walk?
Thank you
Newguy