• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is lner or emr first class worth it on a Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJames

Established Member
Joined
27 Jan 2018
Messages
1,464
I usually find EMR staff very friendly and attentive and quite generous with the amount of refreshments they let you have. Plenty of hot drinks, fruit juices and bottled water available. Also biscuits, crisps, nuts and other snacks. The sandwiches are quite good quality but they are not always offered and you do sometimes have to ask for one. The last time I travelled on a Saturday morning from Nottingham to London orders were taken for bacon rolls very soon after leaving Nottingham. I was impressed that they were freshly made bacon rolls with nice bread and not something soggy in plastic that had been warmed up in the microwave.

First Class on EMR is perhaps often better than some people here admit to. With my Senior Railcard and a Super Off Peak Return being around £30 more than a Standard Class I always go First Class. That’s only around £15 extra each way with all the refreshments, with a more comfortable seat and usually no overcrowding, plus space to store my case it’s so less stressful.
I agree I actually find it very good (probably because I have had some fantastic deals recently paying just a few pounds more for first advance tickets just a couple of days before travel). I've had a few overcrowded standard journeys not so long ago as well that encouraged me to pay for first whenever it's only marginally more expensive.

I only used LNER first once and it was during 2020 so things were quite different.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top