• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is it the track that causes the train to bounce out make a rhythm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent

Member
Joined
31 Mar 2016
Messages
759
Location
London

I notice in this contrast video I watched a few days ago in the 90s clips the trains seemed to bounce more compared to 2010 and 2024 clips. The d stock also bounced more louder than the 313 noticeably.

But even in memory, I think the 72ts use to bounce more in the late 90s than now. I remember as a toddler the bouncing would cause people to nice with it but maybe I just noticed that more at that age compared to now.

But I imagine, don’t factually know, that the 313’s felt smoother than the 378’s. But then I get 165’s and they feel smoother than some modern emu stock but I imagine it might have to do with how they coast? The coasting making the train feel like it’s sliding on the tracks more than if I heard the motors with make me think that the trains are dragging abit more on the track. This is just my opinion though, I may be wrong.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top