• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is it possible to download the routeing guide maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

infobleep

On Moderation
Joined
27 Feb 2011
Messages
13,453
Is it possible to download the routeing guide maps?

I find using the maps on my phone more awkward, so I'd like to download them so I can display them in Google Maps app.

Then I could display two maps at once in different colours or even more.

Tonight I am taking a longer permitted route home from a station in South London to Guildford, just for fun, but this isn't the longest route I could take. I know of one longer than this but I think I could probably find one even longer than that.

Interestingly, the fastest route is not permitted as it involves a double back, yet I could pass through all the stations, via a longer route. I'm taking a different longer route but it does pass through one of the stations.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

infobleep

On Moderation
Joined
27 Feb 2011
Messages
13,453
The official maps are just KML files, and can be downloaded from URLs such as http://iblocks-rg-publication.s3.amazonaws.com/map_CS.kml.
Thanks.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I have now worked out a longer route that involves going down, up, down, up, down and the final down isn't via the fastest route down either but all permitted on the ticket as no double back occurs.

I wasn't in this case looking at this journey to start short in London and save money, just purely for fun.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top