From https://www.railforums.co.uk/thread...should-happen-now.255534/page-24#post-6471269
On a more general point, is it better to concentrate traffic on one route or have multiple routes?
(I appreciate that the M25 is the amalgamation of a number of different Ringways around London but that plan was removed many years ago, and there are obvious physical issues which prevent different routes.)
Where would this other motorway west of London go? How would it be accessed from the east?Likewise I wish another motorway had existed West of London rather than tinkering (widening) with the M25. Its all down to Nimbys and environmentalists (not saying thats bad but it costs).
On a more general point, is it better to concentrate traffic on one route or have multiple routes?
(I appreciate that the M25 is the amalgamation of a number of different Ringways around London but that plan was removed many years ago, and there are obvious physical issues which prevent different routes.)