• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

IRRS Railtour to Midleton and Cobh 20/07/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

waffles

Member
Joined
10 Feb 2013
Messages
8
Location
Leixlip
084 is in need of a good servicing I could hear it for nine minutes bringing the Autoballasters (Hobs) up from Northwall last Thursday night while at Leixlip Confey.
Thought it would never arrive !
 

GM078

Member
Joined
17 Sep 2010
Messages
432
Location
Leinster
It's likely a second loco will follow light from Cork and vice versa. Top and tail running isn't done on IÉ.
 

I T S

Member
Joined
3 Jul 2010
Messages
576
Likely the spare 201 class in Cork will be used to haul it back from Cobh and then into Midelton for the 071 to follow and haul it back to Dublin. 084 is in the works at the minute for paint & overhaul
 

Jawfin

New Member
Joined
26 Mar 2013
Messages
4
Thanks, I'm not used to this mainline railtour lark!
Will there be many chances for filming, and do you think it's worth it for someone having to get an early Enterprise from the North? And what time does the 071 train arrive at Connolly?
I heard that 084 was the last on the list for repainting, but I didn't know it had already started.

Thanks.
 

43167

Member
Joined
18 Jan 2010
Messages
1,021
Location
Keighley
Thanks, I'm not used to this mainline railtour lark!
Will there be many chances for filming, and do you think it's worth it for someone having to get an early Enterprise from the North? And what time does the 071 train arrive at Connolly?
I heard that 084 was the last on the list for repainting, but I didn't know it had already started.

Thanks.

So your not waiting at the wrong station, the 071 tour starts at Heuston.
 

GM078

Member
Joined
17 Sep 2010
Messages
432
Location
Leinster
Thanks, I'm not used to this mainline railtour lark!
Will there be many chances for filming, and do you think it's worth it for someone having to get an early Enterprise from the North?

Thanks.

It will include the first loco hauled passenger train to Midleton since March 1988. Been a while since the last one to Cobh too (ITG tour in October 2006 maybe, though there have been a few pushpulls since). Plus railtours are the only chance to get 071 class haulage these days.

You'd have about an hour to get from Heuston to Connolly for the last Enterprise home, alternatively Bus Éireann & Ulsterbus have a bus to Belfast every hour, on the hour, if that gives a bit more flexibility.
 

Jawfin

New Member
Joined
26 Mar 2013
Messages
4
So your not waiting at the wrong station, the 071 tour starts at Heuston.

Sorry, sorry, I know it starts at Heuston, the Enterprise got Connolly in by head! :lol: Could get a bus over to Heuston.

Looks like its worth it then! It's a shame that 6 have been left out of the overhaul scheme...

Thanks - I'll try not to spam up this thread any more! ;)
 

GM078

Member
Joined
17 Sep 2010
Messages
432
Location
Leinster
Sorry, sorry, I know it starts at Heuston, the Enterprise got Connolly in by head! :lol: Could get a bus over to Heuston.

Looks like its worth it then! It's
You're probably better off getting a Luas (tram) from Connolly to Heuston (or Busáras which has a more frequent service than Connolly but is a short walk from it). The bus isn't as close, you'd have to walk from Connolly or Tara St. to Aston Quay and get Dublin Bus route 79 or 145 to Heuston.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top