• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

IronHorseHouse Mk1 coaches - Bonus pack2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llew Jones

Member
Joined
3 Jan 2013
Messages
7
Shortly before Christmas I purchased the IronHorseHouse class 50. The new Bonus Pack 2 had just been released and it was included with the purchase.

The content of the pack consists of coaching stock eg Mk1, Mk2, together with a variety of "parcels" stock.

Unfortunately I have experienced a problem with all examples of the Mk 1 stock - I am unable to couple up to them.
The Mk2 stock, the parcels and indeed the much earlier Mk1 that IHH produced, all function normally in this respect.

My reason for posting is to enquire whether other forum members have experienced a similar problem.
It may be that there is something wrong at my end - if some members have properly functioning Mk1 from this pack, then that would seem to be the case.

I have of course emailed the producer to seek their advice, but whilst awaiting a reply I thought it might be useful to determine the extent of the problem - others involved or limited to me alone?

If you have obtained Bonus Pack 2 recently, perhaps with your purchase of the Class 117 DMU, I wonder if you could check the status of coupling amongst the Mk1.

There is no criticism here - I am merely attempting to address the problem and hopefuly get the Mk1 into service.

Regards

Adrian
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,277
You will most likely need to have the Railsimulator assets selected in the Kuju folder, I would suspect that the couplings are aliases to the default ones.
 

Llew Jones

Member
Joined
3 Jan 2013
Messages
7
Thanks for your suggestion, Jamie - it's a good tip

However, I'd come across this particular "trap" for the unwary before and consequently had already checked Kuju aliasing before posting.

I guess the problem may lie rather deeper in the code, but hopefully the developer will apply a fix

Llew
 

Darandio

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2007
Messages
11,144
Location
Redcar
However, I'd come across this particular "trap" for the unwary before and consequently had already checked Kuju aliasing before posting.

It's hardly a trap, it's more to do with the majority of third party developers previously using existing couplers, when they were more than capable of creating and using their own.

However, IHH have pretty much always used their own, so I cannot understand what your issue is.
 

Llew Jones

Member
Joined
3 Jan 2013
Messages
7
Hello Darren

There is no intended criticism of IHH in anything I have written - my first action in encountering this problem was to approach Paul, as I knew he used his own couplings - I have several of his locos in operation.

I am sorry if my use of the word "trap" can be interpreted in this way - it was not my meaning.
However, I did put the word in inverted commas - which I hoped conveyed a light hearted context - when they're removed (as in your reply) I agree the impact can change somewhat.

So, I apologise for any misunderstanding; I would be very happy to discuss semantics with you at length - though perhaps not on this forum!!

But moving on .................. I agree entirely with your last sentence, I don't understand what the present issue is either! I know the couplings should work - they're tried and tested on other stock. However, as I said in the OP, I can't couple up to the Mk1s and I wondered if it was just me or were others having a problem.
Perhaps you have these coaches and could comment further?

Once again, sorry for the terminology but hopefully the matter will be resolved shortly.

Kind regards

Llew
 

Darandio

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2007
Messages
11,144
Location
Redcar
Hi Llew, no malice was intended in the post, apologies if you found that to be the case.

I think I just get irritated when looking elsewhere and people complain that the Kuju box must be ticked for certain stock and place the blame solely on RSC. The fact is, if the third parties are talented enough to create a locomotive or stock, then surely they are talented enough to create their own coupling blueprint and remove their reliance on something they don't own. Anyway, rant over. :D

I haven't got the new bonus pack as yet, so cannot investigate myself. However, I don't know whether you use RWTools and are competent at viewing .bin files? It's just that the first place I would look would be the coupling strings for the stock that won't join together.
 

Llew Jones

Member
Joined
3 Jan 2013
Messages
7
Glad to report that Paul at IHH placed a link to a Mk1 coupling patch on his Facebook page last night.
I downloaded the item (it's a .RWP file) and installed - very quick test, but now seems the Mk1s will couple up in the usual way.
That's really useful because there's a lot of coaches there!

Adrian

PS see my further posting re the Mk2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top