• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

iPhone camera/ email difficulty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladder23

Established Member
Joined
29 Oct 2015
Messages
1,880
Hi all,

I take photos of refuse trucks on my iPhone, and I noticed lately the photos I take, when I email over (via outlook) the quality is drastically reduced, I send via large files.

if I open the “sent” files and open photos I have sent, the difference is actually shocking,

I don’t have a camera, and for ease of use and availability I enjoy using the iPhone but I feel if there is no simple resolution I will have to abort and up my resources after Christmas.

can anyone suggest anything, many thanks.

james
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Steddenm

Established Member
Joined
2 Mar 2017
Messages
1,251
Location
Clane, Co. Kildare
You can download iCloud to your computer (Windows - Apple already has it built in), and sync your phone camera folder to this and the quality should be the same on the PC.
 

Ladder23

Established Member
Joined
29 Oct 2015
Messages
1,880
You can download iCloud to your computer (Windows - Apple already has it built in), and sync your phone camera folder to this and the quality should be the same on the PC.
Thanks I will try this!
 

8A Rail

Established Member
Joined
6 Dec 2012
Messages
1,351
Location
Mars
See: https://www.apple.com/icloud/. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you see your options. You are able to save upto 5GB on iCloud for free but after that you need to pay a monthly fee depending how much storage you require which is then upto 50Gb (99p per month), 200GB (£2.99 per month) and then 2TB (£6.99 per month). I use iCloud storage as one of my backups and currently I have over 50000 images on there - the size of the images do vary too.
 

etr221

Established Member
Joined
10 Mar 2018
Messages
1,607
Something I have experienced is that some e-mail services/software (not all, and I forget details) will - when e-mailing an image - embed it in the e-mail at a reduced size/quality, rather than attaching it in full glory (and size). I suspect this may be the cause of the OP's problem.
 

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Apr 2010
Messages
34,308
What about copying from within Apple photos to Microsoft OneDrive if you have that set up for your PC? I don’t normally use it but have it set up on the iPhone just in case, and a quick check suggests it copies the photo at full resolution.
 

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,642
Location
LBK
Airdrop is almost instant and results in no quality loss.
 

alxndr

Established Member
Joined
3 Apr 2015
Messages
1,694
Are you trying to send them to yourself (to access on another device) or someone else?
 

alxndr

Established Member
Joined
3 Apr 2015
Messages
1,694
To myself just for storage
That being the case the simplest would either be some form of cloud storage (iCloud/OneDrive/Dropbox/Google Drive etc) or a cable. Which you consider easier depends on your preference, organisation, and tech abilities.

Alternatively, if you have a Apple computer Airdrop works well, but isn't available with a Windows PC.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top