so_nervous
Member
- Joined
- 25 Jul 2013
- Messages
- 27
So after 12 months of applying to various rail firms I have FINALLY got an interview to be a conductor!!
I have spent hours reading through these forums and there are some excellent tips and insights into the interview process.
I'm just so nervous because I really, really want this role and I know I'd be perfect at it. I just really struggle with interviews - especially coming up with non generic answers.
''Name an example when'' type questions really throw me and no matter how much I prepare, they're always phrased slightly differently to how you imagine and I get all flustered.
Sometimes it's hard to explain WHY I was good at something, ie I was an assistant manager of a cinema and often had to deal with drunken youths, people being rowdy etc and had to eject them from the premises but it's hard to put into words HOW I do this, it just comes natural to me. Actually describing this process under pressure to paint myself in a good light seems impossible!
Anyone got any tips on how to approach these questions?
Has anyone ever sat an interview with Northern Rail? Do you know roughly how many questions are asked in this manner?
I am also worried about the medical part of the test. Specifically, the blood pressure check. EVERY time a medical person checks my BP it comes up high. However, at home it is normal. Will I fail based on this?
Im sorry this thread is a bit of ramble! I'm just so nervous.
I have spent hours reading through these forums and there are some excellent tips and insights into the interview process.
I'm just so nervous because I really, really want this role and I know I'd be perfect at it. I just really struggle with interviews - especially coming up with non generic answers.
''Name an example when'' type questions really throw me and no matter how much I prepare, they're always phrased slightly differently to how you imagine and I get all flustered.
Sometimes it's hard to explain WHY I was good at something, ie I was an assistant manager of a cinema and often had to deal with drunken youths, people being rowdy etc and had to eject them from the premises but it's hard to put into words HOW I do this, it just comes natural to me. Actually describing this process under pressure to paint myself in a good light seems impossible!
Anyone got any tips on how to approach these questions?
Has anyone ever sat an interview with Northern Rail? Do you know roughly how many questions are asked in this manner?
I am also worried about the medical part of the test. Specifically, the blood pressure check. EVERY time a medical person checks my BP it comes up high. However, at home it is normal. Will I fail based on this?
Im sorry this thread is a bit of ramble! I'm just so nervous.
and that only proves you really want the job, so don't think it's something bad. Don't be cocky, cheeky or overconfident. Be yourself and let them see it. It's not difficult to pass the first interview.