• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

International Staff Travel / FIP question

Status
Not open for further replies.

navvynoo

Member
Joined
11 Jul 2010
Messages
6
Location
Midlands
I joined a TOC recently coming up to my two months. Just wondering if someone can give me some info about International travel and FIP.

Do I have to complete a years service before I can get reduced rate international travel? or can I apply for a FIP card already? And what is the difference between FIP and coupons?

Any advise would be appreciated very much.

Thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

87015

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2006
Messages
5,078
Location
GEML/WCML/SR
Yes a years service is required prior to FIP as far as I am aware.

FIP card gives you 50%* reduction on walk up fares which can be brought there and then, coupons are effectively interrails (ie supplements can be payable) which give four boxes each valid for 48 hours and the coupon is valid for up to three months. Depending upon TOC you can get Eurostar straight off the bat though - worth asking HR or other staff.

*75% in Ireland, Belgium and France, nothing in Albania and Sweden or non-FIP private outfits...
 

156402

Member
Joined
15 Nov 2011
Messages
72
Yes a years service is required prior to FIP as far as I am aware.

FIP card gives you 50%* reduction on walk up fares which can be brought there and then, coupons are effectively interrails (ie supplements can be payable) which give four boxes each valid for 48 hours and the coupon is valid for up to three months. Depending upon TOC you can get Eurostar straight off the bat though - worth asking HR or other staff.

*75% in Ireland, Belgium and France, nothing in Albania and Sweden or non-FIP private outfits...

I would not compare them to Interail's tbh as some coupons can be limited in what they can be used on. For example, the DB coupon has a very long list of operators they CAN'T be used on. Generally, they are valid for the operator it states on it, ie DBAG = DB only etc.

Interail's are more often all operators.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top