SprinterMan
Established Member
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I go to university in Bangor (Gwynedd) and in University holidays I go back to where I live in Sudbury (Suffolk). I like to go unusual and scenic routes. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of scenic or unusual routes I could take. (Preferably doable for less than £30 on advance tickets with a 16-25 railcard and possible in one day).
I have already done (in either or both directions):
Bangor - Crewe - London - Sudbury (Standard Route)
Bangor - Warrington Bank Quay - London - Sudbury
Bangor - Shrewsbury - Birmingham - Coventry - London - Sudbury
Bangor - Shrewsbury - Newport - Swindon - London - Sudbury
Bangor - Crewe - Nuneaton - Banbury - London - Sudbury (Blockade Buster)
I am looking at doing either:
Bangor - Shrewsbury - Newport - Taunton - Westbury - London - Sudbury
Bangor - Shrewsbury - Newport - Bath - Westbury - London - Sudbury
Of these two, which would be the more scenic? Is Newport to Westbury more scenic via Taunton or via Trowbridge?
If anyone has any other routes from Bangor to either Sudbury or Bury St. Edmunds that are very scenic and doable for under £30 w/ 16-25 RC and taking less than a day I would love to hear them. Please feel free to move this to a more suitable sub-forum if you think it is appropriate mods
Adam
I have already done (in either or both directions):
Bangor - Crewe - London - Sudbury (Standard Route)
Bangor - Warrington Bank Quay - London - Sudbury
Bangor - Shrewsbury - Birmingham - Coventry - London - Sudbury
Bangor - Shrewsbury - Newport - Swindon - London - Sudbury
Bangor - Crewe - Nuneaton - Banbury - London - Sudbury (Blockade Buster)
I am looking at doing either:
Bangor - Shrewsbury - Newport - Taunton - Westbury - London - Sudbury
Bangor - Shrewsbury - Newport - Bath - Westbury - London - Sudbury
Of these two, which would be the more scenic? Is Newport to Westbury more scenic via Taunton or via Trowbridge?
If anyone has any other routes from Bangor to either Sudbury or Bury St. Edmunds that are very scenic and doable for under £30 w/ 16-25 RC and taking less than a day I would love to hear them. Please feel free to move this to a more suitable sub-forum if you think it is appropriate mods
Adam
Last edited:
