Broken Viking
On Moderation
Hail all! 
I need to arrange myself some travel insurance for two (And most likely more) forthcoming trips. I was originally planning to buy a worldwide annual policy from Columbus Direct to cover me - But after going through the policy wording [Direct PDF link, 800KB] tonight with a fine tooth comb, I'm not particularly happy with some of the terms within and some of the things which aren't covered.
Although I'll most likely go for a Columbus policy if I find time is getting short and I need to get some cover in a hurry, what I could really do with is an insurance broker who could advise me on products from multiple companies and sign me up to something that'll not only give me the cover I need, but will also be suited for or even tailored to my needs. (And hopefully not too expensive!
)
Both of the trips I currently have lined up are general holidays without any odd risks or Winter sports to be taken into account, but I'm considering maybe doing another ALR later this year...And after losing three days of my last one thanks to 'Flu, I'd like to find some cover that includes cover for holidays within the UK - Especially cover for genuine loss of validity and missed Advance departures if it exists.
Does anyone know of any good, trustworthy and established brokers that might fit my needs and - If not local to London or Farnborough - Could deal with me over the 'phone? There used to be one near me that my whole family used to use and were very happy with, but sadly they had to cease trading during the credit crunch.
Farewell for now, and many thanks in advance for any recommendations!
>> Death <<
Please note: As an anti-spam measure, I'd like to ask members with less than five posts to refrain from posting in this thread. Thanks in advance for your understanding.
I need to arrange myself some travel insurance for two (And most likely more) forthcoming trips. I was originally planning to buy a worldwide annual policy from Columbus Direct to cover me - But after going through the policy wording [Direct PDF link, 800KB] tonight with a fine tooth comb, I'm not particularly happy with some of the terms within and some of the things which aren't covered.
Although I'll most likely go for a Columbus policy if I find time is getting short and I need to get some cover in a hurry, what I could really do with is an insurance broker who could advise me on products from multiple companies and sign me up to something that'll not only give me the cover I need, but will also be suited for or even tailored to my needs. (And hopefully not too expensive!
) Both of the trips I currently have lined up are general holidays without any odd risks or Winter sports to be taken into account, but I'm considering maybe doing another ALR later this year...And after losing three days of my last one thanks to 'Flu, I'd like to find some cover that includes cover for holidays within the UK - Especially cover for genuine loss of validity and missed Advance departures if it exists.

Does anyone know of any good, trustworthy and established brokers that might fit my needs and - If not local to London or Farnborough - Could deal with me over the 'phone? There used to be one near me that my whole family used to use and were very happy with, but sadly they had to cease trading during the credit crunch.
Farewell for now, and many thanks in advance for any recommendations!
>> Death <<
Please note: As an anti-spam measure, I'd like to ask members with less than five posts to refrain from posting in this thread. Thanks in advance for your understanding.