• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Inspired by "Stations with 1 platform", What is the busiest station with 1 platform?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee_Again

Member
Joined
29 Sep 2007
Messages
691
Location
Stevenage
Not sure how we difine 'busiest', common sense I suppose, but what is the busiest station with 1 platform.

I'll start with Ware, Off-Peak 30 min frequency.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mumrar

Established Member
Joined
26 Sep 2008
Messages
2,650
Location
Redditch
Alvechurch has four trains an hour all day, two for Redditch and two from Redditch.
 

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,579
Passenger wise it has to be Chafford Hundred for Lakeside but train wise this will fail because it has 4 services an hr 2 in each direction (I believe).
 
Last edited:

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
Passenger wise it has to be Chafford Hundred for Lakeside but train wise this will fail because it has 4 services and hr 2 in each direction (I believe).

What?

I'd say Stourbridge Town

So far as I can see, you are both correct. Chafford Hundred is the busiest in terms of passenger numbers by miles. As for train frequency, Stourbridge Town gets six an hour in-and-out, although there are only six departures so it might fall on this technicality; if said "technicality" would be an infringement, I would vote Dingle Road, which once had two platforms in use.
 

Waddon

Member
Joined
15 Sep 2009
Messages
469
In that case, I'll be cheeky and say Tower Gateway
It's not as busy as the previous entries, but I like a bit of DLR, me
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
In that case, I'll be cheeky and say Tower Gateway
It's not as busy as the previous entries, but I like a bit of DLR, me
In that case, I shall trump you with a few ridiculous and surely unfair answers: George Street, Church Street, Centrale and Wellesley Road :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top