AmtrakMan
Member
Greetings,
I am considering a holiday in the North of England soon. I think that I will be using the Transpennine Express (185 rolling stock) quite frequently based on the destinations I would like to visit.
I was thinking of arriving and departing from Manchester Airport (On TPE)
And at some point visting Manchester, Liverpool, Blackpool, Leeds and York.....
My BIG concern is the crowds in standard class TPE. Since I am on holiday, I was planning to attempt to travel at the least crowded hour, no need to travel at peak times.
My BIG question is, what time is the LEAST crowded time to buy an advance ticket on TPE? I was thinking of traveling around 11:00 between each city?
I do not want to purchase 1st class advance because I have young kids with me, and I don't mind buying from the trolley.
Thanks
AmtrakMan
I am considering a holiday in the North of England soon. I think that I will be using the Transpennine Express (185 rolling stock) quite frequently based on the destinations I would like to visit.
I was thinking of arriving and departing from Manchester Airport (On TPE)
And at some point visting Manchester, Liverpool, Blackpool, Leeds and York.....
My BIG concern is the crowds in standard class TPE. Since I am on holiday, I was planning to attempt to travel at the least crowded hour, no need to travel at peak times.
My BIG question is, what time is the LEAST crowded time to buy an advance ticket on TPE? I was thinking of traveling around 11:00 between each city?
I do not want to purchase 1st class advance because I have young kids with me, and I don't mind buying from the trolley.
Thanks
AmtrakMan
