What do people think the govt plan is for the dft backed TOCs and the railway in general.
It seems there's going to be no pay discussions that aren't in exchange for giving up existing work benefits or conditions.
So presumably they are expecting strike action. Do they actively welcome this? I'm thinking they must??
My TOC stated they couldn't start pay talks until they'd discussed a business plan with the dft. So the talks were delayed.
Once commenced they made no pay offer and say they can only discuss pay in relation to productivity changes.
So, they've gone to the dft and presumably been told they are not allowed to offer any straight pay deal.
I'm certain they will have told the dft that this will 100% lead to strike action and the dft are now fully aware of this (if they weren't already).
It wouldn't take a big % offer to placate the staff at my depot at least in the immediate term and I imagine the dft have been told that.
Dft must have a plan here and an end position they are aiming for?
I'll be voting yes for strike action as it's the only option available, but is this what the govt actively want the unions to do?
It seems there's going to be no pay discussions that aren't in exchange for giving up existing work benefits or conditions.
So presumably they are expecting strike action. Do they actively welcome this? I'm thinking they must??
My TOC stated they couldn't start pay talks until they'd discussed a business plan with the dft. So the talks were delayed.
Once commenced they made no pay offer and say they can only discuss pay in relation to productivity changes.
So, they've gone to the dft and presumably been told they are not allowed to offer any straight pay deal.
I'm certain they will have told the dft that this will 100% lead to strike action and the dft are now fully aware of this (if they weren't already).
It wouldn't take a big % offer to placate the staff at my depot at least in the immediate term and I imagine the dft have been told that.
Dft must have a plan here and an end position they are aiming for?
I'll be voting yes for strike action as it's the only option available, but is this what the govt actively want the unions to do?