• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Independent instances of split-ticket booking engines

Status
Not open for further replies.

enginedin

Member
Joined
15 Dec 2020
Messages
473
Location
UK
I've found that Brighton University run their own instance of what appears to be trainsplit.com: https://rail.brighton.ac.uk

I'm surprised that trainsplit.com is open enough to allow other instances of it, so does anyone know:
- how have Brighton Uni managed to do this?
- do they collect all the revenue from all sales made thought it?
- are there other instances of trainsplit.com?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,844
Looks like a customised front end to the Trainsplit site to me, in the same way that the forum site works. Nothing unusual in that and it doesn't need to have separate accreditation.
 

enginedin

Member
Joined
15 Dec 2020
Messages
473
Location
UK
Sorry, I should have said I knew that many of the TOCs use the same software - what surprised me more was trainsplit allowed their engine to be used more widely (I didn't know about https://trainsplit.com/business, thanks to @akm for the reference!) - and that a university would bother running their own instance
 

js517

Member
Joined
4 Sep 2018
Messages
178
Location
Cragg Vale, West Yorkshire
Sorry, I should have said I knew that many of the TOCs use the same software - what surprised me more was trainsplit allowed their engine to be used more widely (I didn't know about https://trainsplit.com/business, thanks to @akm for the reference!) - and that a university would bother running their own instance
The fact it has different styling and a separate domain isn't evidence that it is a separate instance.
 

styles

Established Member
Joined
7 Dec 2014
Messages
4,961
Location
Gwynedd
If there's not a consolidated list, or Raileasy won't share it for commercial reasons, you can just pick a phrase likely to be on every site and search for it, e.g. if you search for "2025 raileasy ltd" (taken from the common footer), in quotes you can find


You might want to stick -site:raileasy.co.uk to the end of the search to exclude the actual Raileasy site and all their pages.
 

MrJeeves

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
28 Aug 2015
Messages
4,722
Location
Burgess Hill
Though nowadays that's likely going to involve signing up to our TrainSplit for Business offering rather than a dedicated whitelabel site. :)

I think it's unlikely you'll see any more generic whitelabels like "rail saver" and "splitticketing.com" from us, but helping charities like Railway Mission or sustrans out with some extra income is never a bad thing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top