Was at Manchester Victoria this morning, intending to get 10.29 to Stalybridge. I arrived at station ät 10.20 to see from info board it was delayed... according to national rail it hadn't even left Bolton so obviously running very late. There was an auto announcement saying it was delayed and to wait for further announcements. I therefore faffed a bit, went to loo, got coffee etc. I checked app again only to see that it was now apparently on time and was on its merry way. Checked with guy at ticket barrier and he confirmed it had left on time. He just shrugged when I told him about the incorrect announcement.
OK, a minor annoyance in the grand scheme of things but just wondering how often this happens, have certainly not experienced this before. Basically, three different sets of info were wrong. Would have been a headache if it had been a booked train or I'd had a connection to make!
OK, a minor annoyance in the grand scheme of things but just wondering how often this happens, have certainly not experienced this before. Basically, three different sets of info were wrong. Would have been a headache if it had been a booked train or I'd had a connection to make!