• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

In search of old timetables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
15 Jul 2007
Messages
104
Location
Canada
Hey everyone!

For the past couple of years I've been hard at work on a novel about a preteen boy with a fascination for trains, set in Anglia in the mid 2000s.

I'm in search of some old timetables. In particular I'm looking for Hertford East WAGN in Summer and Autumn 2005, Liverpool Street to Norwich and Norwich to Sheringham for August 2005.

I did find some old timetables and used those as a reference, but they're for different months/years from what I need.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

55002

Established Member
Joined
16 Aug 2019
Messages
5,389
Location
Ldn
I used to commute on the Hertford east line then, great days ran fast Broxbourne to Tottenham Hale and Liverpool St in the peaks. None of this stopping all stations lark they have now. There was horrendous over crowding when they introduced that. Timetable LB is what you need for the Hertford East services.
 

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Jan 2009
Messages
17,291
@Harry Douthwaite. Would have thought that copies of the 2005 National Rail timetable might still be available from online sellers? It should cover the relevant period.

National Rail.jpg
(Pic of front cover of 2005 National Rail Timetable)

A couple of possibilities... (Links below are to Ebay listings)...

 

Mollington St

Member
Joined
4 Mar 2019
Messages
280
Just checked and got a copy in stock complete with Map etc

Transport Past Times is the website

Hope that i can help

Oliver
 
Joined
15 Jul 2007
Messages
104
Location
Canada
Using the wayback machine I was able to finally get the timetables I seek.
Now comes the hard part, fixing everything in my novel involving times and connections.
 

Mollington St

Member
Joined
4 Mar 2019
Messages
280
Just checking through and i now have spare copies of every issue 1980/81 through to last Network issue , many complete with Maps and in some cases the Bookmarks.
Also some regional issues from the 1980s
 

Attachments

  • Scan_20241230 (12).png
    Scan_20241230 (12).png
    366.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Scan_20241113.png
    Scan_20241113.png
    336.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Scan_20240112 (10).png
    Scan_20240112 (10).png
    824.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Scan_20201014 (9).png
    Scan_20201014 (9).png
    202.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Scan_20240115 (13).png
    Scan_20240115 (13).png
    831.5 KB · Views: 9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top