Skymonster
Established Member
- Joined
- 7 Feb 2012
- Messages
- 2,068
EMR 1C29 this morning, 222022 and friend, off Wellingborough nearly 2 late, arrived St. Pancras almost 13 early
(also an interesting trip because earlier it had done Leicester - Kettering via Manton and Corby)
Seemed like some spirited driving and no unexpected speed checks (Traksy had greens all the way where it shows signal aspects).
65 miles, 41.5 minutes, average speed 94mph
It’s a long time since I’ve been on a train that arrived 13 early - amazing what’s possible when there’s fewer pesky electric units about and no timetabled stops.
I wonder what the best time Wellingborough-St Pancras is?
(also an interesting trip because earlier it had done Leicester - Kettering via Manton and Corby)
Seemed like some spirited driving and no unexpected speed checks (Traksy had greens all the way where it shows signal aspects).
65 miles, 41.5 minutes, average speed 94mph
It’s a long time since I’ve been on a train that arrived 13 early - amazing what’s possible when there’s fewer pesky electric units about and no timetabled stops.
I wonder what the best time Wellingborough-St Pancras is?
