• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I'm thinking of a station...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
This 'open' station gets exactly 0 trains in a year. It is the closest one on the line to London.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheJRB

Established Member
Joined
14 Feb 2011
Messages
1,208
Location
Ashford, Kent
Hmm... interesting one.

I'd have said Watford West but that closed in 2002 officially.

Perhaps Newhaven Marine although technically there's still a train in an out of there, albeit without passengers every weekday evening.
 

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
I'm doing well at this quiz lately. :)

Open floor as I'm going up to Blackpool today.
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
I'm-a going to revive this here quiz.

Originally a terminus (although some services still terminate here), through services began more than 100 years ago but less than 150 years ago. This station once saw an unusual operator, and for quite some time as well, but said operation ceased just months before a rather important event in Britain's history (and I don't mean Beeching). Today, it has four platforms, with P1 being served only rarely and P2 being closed at certain times.
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
Not PMS, and not "I'm stumped" either ;)

Eventually, I will give a clue that will serve as a MASSIVE giveaway. For now though, that is your only additional clue.
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
Because Weston is a Class A dump that has no place as an answer to my teaser, as shown by my tongue-in-cheek response? ;)

(You could have supplied an answer in that post ;))
 

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
Because Weston is a Class A dump that has no place as an answer to my teaser, as shown by my tongue-in-cheek response? ;)

(You could have supplied an answer in that post ;))
I know what Weston's like, I've been there a few times - it's the nearest seaside destination for anyone in Worcestershire. :|

As for a guess: Torquay?
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
No. I was referring to Class172's note that Weston is his local resort!

Seen as you've mentioned it, I will clarify: This station is not south-west of W-s-M.
 

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
Ouch. Poor guy. You'd be better heading further south to your new answer...

...which is also wrong.
Don't worry, when we go on holiday it's usually to somewhere in Devon or Cornwall, where all the nice beaches are.

Is the station Bath?
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
Not Bath Spa. There are only two platforms here.

Maybe it is time for me to point out that this station is *not* served by FGW?
 

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
I honestly can't think where it is! Guide Bridge?

Can we have some sort of clue please?
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
OK, time for another clue.

The "rather important event" was the Second World War.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Any more guesses...?

This station is electrified.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top