• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I'm thinking of a station...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gg1

Established Member
Joined
2 Jun 2011
Messages
2,497
Location
Birmingham
Nope

The key clue is the one in post 1012.

Roughly half of all passenger services passing through this station call here.
Of those that don't, the majority are stoppers which call at all stations on their route EXCEPT this one.


There are very few stations on the network where this is the case.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gg1

Established Member
Joined
2 Jun 2011
Messages
2,497
Location
Birmingham
None of these although you're all in the correct general area.

The route I was initially the terminus of was one of the first long distance routes in Britain, being opened in the 1830s. The station that replaced me as the terminus of this route was itself replaced by another station within 20 years.
 

gg1

Established Member
Joined
2 Jun 2011
Messages
2,497
Location
Birmingham
Duddeston ?

Never knew that was originally a terminus ...

Correct :)

Originally built in 1837 as Vauxhall as the terminus of the Grand Junction railway until the extension to Curzon Street the following year. It later changed it's name to Vauxhall and Duddeston before eventually becoming Duddeston.

In common with Bordesley, it is the next station along to one of Birmingham's main city centre station.
 

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
I you want to make one in the meantime then I would've thought martinsh would mind to much.
 

ole man

Member
Joined
6 Jul 2011
Messages
739
Location
LEC5
Ok great.

Really easy this.
I'm a station that has 2 platforms.
I've been wired in the last 15 years.
And have a level crossing next to me
 

martinsh

Established Member
Joined
27 Jan 2011
Messages
1,766
Location
Considering a move to Memphis
I have two platforms and have a regular electric service provided by one TOC. While going past me a 4 through tracks with frequent electric (and occasional diesel) services run by two other TOCs, and at the end of my platform is an rail overbridge which has a frequent diesel service provided by a 4th TOC.
 

martinsh

Established Member
Joined
27 Jan 2011
Messages
1,766
Location
Considering a move to Memphis
not Finsbury Park or Lichfield.

[Lichfield is a good guess, but Finsbury Park definitely has more than 2 platforms !]

CLUE 1 : I am served by third rail electrics, but the adjacent through lines have OHLE
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top