• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I'm thinking of a station...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dzug2

Member
Joined
5 Feb 2011
Messages
867
OK they are on the same line and are served by the same train(s). The line itself has a far more frequent service. Any help?

And here's me thinking it would be too easy.....
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
It looks as though I've made it too difficult/obscure/boring so I'll give the answer and retire gracefully.

The answer I was after was 'the Oxfordshire halts', being Finstock, Combe and Ascott-under-Wychwood, each having one train a day Mon-Fri to/from Oxford, and Shipton, which has an extra to Oxford, and several from (though one is currently a bus) plus a Saturday service as well.
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
ill go for one on this one as well then :D
its on the Manchester to Wigan line
it has two platforms
a day return from this station is possible traveling out in one direction only
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
Hang on a sec; I think they all have day returns to both Wigan and Manchester, on both routes (Walkden/Bolton)?
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
i meant in the sense that you cant return if you travel out in one way on the same day, sorry if its poorly phrased
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
yep, its clifton

no you can go to manchester in the morning and return in the evening
you can go to wigan in the evening, but theres no return train
 

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
Clifton was a complete guess, I've never been anywhere near it and have no knowledge of the railways in that area. ;)

My turn:
  • 2 Platforms
  • Opened in 1852
  • On the OW&WR
  • About 20,000 commuters from this station in 2008/09
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
Last edited:

Rugd1022

Member
Joined
19 Feb 2010
Messages
565
Location
Rugby
Not Evesham then.... Moreton-in-Marsh...?

Technically I know it has three platform faces, but only two of them are signalled for passenger movements!;)
 

HST Power

Established Member
Joined
25 Nov 2010
Messages
3,704
Sorry HST, didn't mean anything by it. So you have an old map of the SE railway then, I was wondering?

Nope, but I've been into Kent many times and seen the road where the station used to be. There's a couple of houses down there now.
No problemo! :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top