I have travelled on a few IETs now, and can't help but notice the galleys on all the 800s, which have heard have really good cooking equipment, which are likely to be under utilised with present catering offerings on GWR, I think they could be used to offer a lot better catering provision for passengers.
I think they could increase Pullman dining services, bring back the popular Travelling chef, Offer hot food food like Virgin and LNER offer to First Class passengers, or any other ideas out there, I don't know if Travelling Chef could be made to work if tried again, if more Pullman services is easily viable, but think it would be such a waste not to use the galleys and a missed opportunity for GWR to gain good publicity over other TOCs, I’m not saying retrofit a buffet as not going to happen, just make better use of the galleys that all the 800’s have What do other people think could be done to improve catering on these units and how viable would it be?
I think they could increase Pullman dining services, bring back the popular Travelling chef, Offer hot food food like Virgin and LNER offer to First Class passengers, or any other ideas out there, I don't know if Travelling Chef could be made to work if tried again, if more Pullman services is easily viable, but think it would be such a waste not to use the galleys and a missed opportunity for GWR to gain good publicity over other TOCs, I’m not saying retrofit a buffet as not going to happen, just make better use of the galleys that all the 800’s have What do other people think could be done to improve catering on these units and how viable would it be?