So, I've been on this forum for a bit now and it seems to me many threads get bogged down in an argument between:
- Running the railway like BR did (in various guises)
and
- The status quo (franchised rail operators, separating track/train etc)
As such, in order to have a more interesting discussion, why don't we, either collectively or individually, come up with a reasonable way of running the railways. Every aspect, from infrastructure, to rolling stock and ticketing, if you have an idea, put it forwards.
Thread rule: No means of running the railways used in Britain since 1825 can be put forward (be sensible about this obviously, there will probably be some overlap - I also obviously don't mean not using electricity/diesel etc, I mean from an organisational standpoint). As we're a bunch of intelligent and well thought out individuals, some with considerable experience in the railways (some with less), we should be able to come up with good ideas for discussion.
So, let's go.........
(PS: I will put my suggestion down later on, as I am at work, and it'll probably be quite a long post).
- Running the railway like BR did (in various guises)
and
- The status quo (franchised rail operators, separating track/train etc)
As such, in order to have a more interesting discussion, why don't we, either collectively or individually, come up with a reasonable way of running the railways. Every aspect, from infrastructure, to rolling stock and ticketing, if you have an idea, put it forwards.
Thread rule: No means of running the railways used in Britain since 1825 can be put forward (be sensible about this obviously, there will probably be some overlap - I also obviously don't mean not using electricity/diesel etc, I mean from an organisational standpoint). As we're a bunch of intelligent and well thought out individuals, some with considerable experience in the railways (some with less), we should be able to come up with good ideas for discussion.
So, let's go.........
(PS: I will put my suggestion down later on, as I am at work, and it'll probably be quite a long post).
Last edited:
