• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

.ics calendar event for rail journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

td97

Established Member
Joined
26 Jul 2017
Messages
1,559
The old Crosscountry website used to allow downloading any journey as a .ics calendar event to add to my personal calendar - from the booking engine and without completing a transaction.
The new Crosscountry (well, Trainline) website does not appear to carry over this feature.
Does a different website exist that allows this?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FuzzyDuck

Member
Joined
28 Mar 2020
Messages
163
Location
North Hampshire
You can book any journey on any other TOCs website. I always use SWR and am pretty sure I get a .ics file attached to the email confirmation.
 

Randomer

Member
Joined
31 Jul 2017
Messages
358
I can think of several that send the file as part of the booking confirmation (Trainsplit does for example) but none that do as you requested and make it available before completing a booking.

Would be very interested if anyone else manages to find one that still offers this.
 

Randomer

Member
Joined
31 Jul 2017
Messages
358
For me it puts a journey I intend to make in my calendar with an itinerary when using on the day tickets which I don't need to purchase before the day of travel (and have the hassle of changing or paying the admin fee for refund if not used).

It's much easier to remember when planning arrival times etc when I can put it into my work calendar easily and any clashes will show up automatically and puts me as unavailable when others are looking at meeting etc.
 

miklcct

Established Member
Joined
2 May 2021
Messages
5,017
Location
Cricklewood
For me it puts a journey I intend to make in my calendar with an itinerary when using on the day tickets which I don't need to purchase before the day of travel (and have the hassle of changing or paying the admin fee for refund if not used).

It's much easier to remember when planning arrival times etc when I can put it into my work calendar easily and any clashes will show up automatically and puts me as unavailable when others are looking at meeting etc.
I do that as well.
I can think of several that send the file as part of the booking confirmation (Trainsplit does for example) but none that do as you requested and make it available before completing a booking.

Would be very interested if anyone else manages to find one that still offers this.
https://www.traintimes.org.uk/ does the job perfectly.
 

td97

Established Member
Joined
26 Jul 2017
Messages
1,559
Out of curiosity, how do you find this of use?
I have an open return valid for a month but now know the exact train I want to use for my return.
Also for adding advance journeys purchased from a ticket office to my calendar.
 

ta-toget

Member
Joined
28 Aug 2019
Messages
108
Location
England
For me it puts a journey I intend to make in my calendar with an itinerary when using on the day tickets which I don't need to purchase before the day of travel (and have the hassle of changing or paying the admin fee for refund if not used).

It's much easier to remember when planning arrival times etc when I can put it into my work calendar easily and any clashes will show up automatically and puts me as unavailable when others are looking at meeting etc.
I have an open return valid for a month but now know the exact train I want to use for my return.
Also for adding advance journeys purchased from a ticket office to my calendar.
That makes sense.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top