• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I got witness receipt

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdulmuhit

Member
Joined
13 Sep 2024
Messages
13
Location
welwyn garden ciry
I received witness receipt for no ticket from GTR, I was travell to Welwyn north to Hatfield heart. Unfortunately that day I was very hurry that’s why I can’t cut ticket, inspector caught me and take my id pictures. And also he say I had money in my wallet. I am very very apologise for my stupid activities now I passed lots of sleepless night I am very anxious. I email to GTR they send me email. I saw here option to pay money when I put my receipt number and surn name I attached the file. Couple of months ago I caught penalty fare.i paid. So now I’m very very anxious about this can I settlement out of court. I never ever do this kind of stupid activities again. Please help me I’m a depression patient please advice me it’s effect my Carrier please advice me I didn’t get any letter from go via thameslink railway
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2004.png
    IMG_2004.png
    331.2 KB · Views: 243
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Grvrdvicdr

Member
Joined
26 Oct 2021
Messages
239
Location
London
I received witness receipt for no ticket from GTR, I was travell to Welwyn north to Hatfield heart. Unfortunately that day I was very hurry that’s why I can’t cut ticket, inspector caught me and take my id pictures. And also he say I had money in my wallet. I am very very apologise for my stupid activities now I passed lots of sleepless night I am very anxious. I email to GTR they send me email. I saw here option to pay money when I put my receipt number and surn name I attached the file. Couple of months ago I caught penalty fare.i paid. So now I’m very very anxious about this can I settlement out of court. I never ever do this kind of stupid activities again. Please help me I’m a depression patient please advice me it’s effect my Carrier please advice me I didn’t get any letter from go via thameslink railway
Would blur your personal details if I was you
 

WesternLancer

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Apr 2019
Messages
15,375
I received witness receipt for no ticket from GTR, I was travell to Welwyn north to Hatfield heart. Unfortunately that day I was very hurry that’s why I can’t cut ticket, inspector caught me and take my id pictures. And also he say I had money in my wallet. I am very very apologise for my stupid activities now I passed lots of sleepless night I am very anxious. I email to GTR they send me email. I saw here option to pay money when I put my receipt number and surn name I attached the file. Couple of months ago I caught penalty fare.i paid. So now I’m very very anxious about this can I settlement out of court. I never ever do this kind of stupid activities again. Please help me I’m a depression patient please advice me it’s effect my Carrier please advice me I didn’t get any letter from go via thameslink railway
If you have not yet received a letter from GTR you need to wait for that, it could take several weeks to arrive.

It is vital you receive that so hopefully you gave them your personal details, address etc correctly, and it is vital you reply to it in order to try to prevent them taking you to court / prosecuting you.

When you get the letter you can post a copy of it here with personal details blanked out so that people can advise you on how best to reply to it to try and avoid prosecution.

If yo have been caught before and issued a Penalty fare that does not help because it suggests you have made mistakes or evaded fares before and then carried on doing that. It' s not a system where you evade your fares and then pay £50 Penalty Fares on the odd occasion they catch you!

You need to 100% make sure you have the correct trains ticket for every journey you make from now on.
 

abdulmuhit

Member
Joined
13 Sep 2024
Messages
13
Location
welwyn garden ciry
If you have not yet received a letter from GTR you need to wait for that, it could take several weeks to arrive.

It is vital you receive that so hopefully you gave them your personal details, address etc correctly, and it is vital you reply to it in order to try to prevent them taking you to court / prosecuting you.

When you get the letter you can post a copy of it here with personal details blanked out so that people can advise you on how best to reply to it to try and avoid prosecution.

If yo have been caught before and issued a Penalty fare that does not help because it suggests you have made mistakes or evaded fares before and then carried on doing that. It' s not a system where you evade your fares and then pay £50 Penalty Fares on the odd occasion they catch you!

You need to 100% make sure you have the correct trains ticket for every journey you make from now on.
Thank you so much for your advice I’m really concerned about they will settlement without involving court. Or they will send me direct court. I promise I never ever do this kind of stupid activities again this is my last. So can you please advice me what happens next they will settlement with me without court or they send court. I don’t have money to go solicitor.

I really appreciate to your help thank you so much.
 

Egg Centric

Established Member
Joined
6 Oct 2018
Messages
2,912
Location
Land of the Prince Bishops
I received witness receipt for no ticket from GTR, I was travell to Welwyn north to Hatfield heart. Unfortunately that day I was very hurry that’s why I can’t cut ticket, inspector caught me and take my id pictures. And also he say I had money in my wallet. I am very very apologise for my stupid activities now I passed lots of sleepless night I am very anxious. I email to GTR they send me email. I saw here option to pay money when I put my receipt number and surn name I attached the file. Couple of months ago I caught penalty fare.i paid. So now I’m very very anxious about this can I settlement out of court. I never ever do this kind of stupid activities again. Please help me I’m a depression patient please advice me it’s effect my Carrier please advice me I didn’t get any letter from go via thameslink railway

A bit of a "hail mary" here but have you tried alternative spellings of your surname? I can think of a few (e.g. putting "i" on the end).
 

WesternLancer

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Apr 2019
Messages
15,375
Thank you so much for your advice I’m really concerned about they will settlement without involving court. Or they will send me direct court. I promise I never ever do this kind of stupid activities again this is my last. So can you please advice me what happens next they will settlement with me without court or they send court. I don’t have money to go solicitor.

I really appreciate to your help thank you so much.
They don’t tend to send cases direct to court. They will write to you first letter or e mail (check spam). You must watch out for such communication from them.
 

abdulmuhit

Member
Joined
13 Sep 2024
Messages
13
Location
welwyn garden ciry
They don’t tend to send cases direct to court. They will write to you first letter or e mail (check spam). You must watch out for such communication from them.
Thank you for your advice I appreciate for give me a valuable times. After they will send me a latter what can I do. How to I will deal with them to settlement out side court. Please can you help me I don’t know what can I do how to I replay their latter. I’m very anxious I’m also depression patient I passed lots of sleepless night. Can you please advice me how to I settlement this matter out side court

Thank you so much I appreciate your replay
 

WesternLancer

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Apr 2019
Messages
15,375
Thank you for your advice I appreciate for give me a valuable times. After they will send me a latter what can I do. How to I will deal with them to settlement out side court. Please can you help me I don’t know what can I do how to I replay their latter. I’m very anxious I’m also depression patient I passed lots of sleepless night. Can you please advice me how to I settlement this matter out side court

Thank you so much I appreciate your replay
Look at other threads to get the idea of what happens and what you will need to do. That will help you get the idea of the process to expect.
 

abdulmuhit

Member
Joined
13 Sep 2024
Messages
13
Location
welwyn garden ciry
Look at other threads to get the idea of what happens and what you will need to do. That will help you get the idea of the process to expect.
Thank you so much, if they give me any option for settlement out side court. I’m very anxious about they give me last chance or send me court.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

If I called GTR prosecution department they will help me? If I offer them how to settlement out side court they will help me? Please advice me
 

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,669
Location
LBK
Thank you so much, if they give me any option for settlement out side court. I’m very anxious about they give me last chance or send me court.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

If I called GTR prosecution department they will help me? If I offer them how to settlement out side court they will help me? Please advice me
Don’t call them. They won’t have your case in the system yet and it won’t help.
 

WesternLancer

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Apr 2019
Messages
15,375
Thank you so much, if they give me any option for settlement out side court. I’m very anxious about they give me last chance or send me court.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

If I called GTR prosecution department they will help me? If I offer them how to settlement out side court they will help me? Please advice me
Do not contact them. Wait for them to write to you.
 

abdulmuhit

Member
Joined
13 Sep 2024
Messages
13
Location
welwyn garden ciry
Hello, anyone help me. I caught 2nd of September without ticket in govia thameslink railway. I’m waiting 1 month 3 days I didn’t received any latter. I’m very very concerned they already send my case court without discus with me? There are any chance they can send court without discuss with me. I’m very anxiety about this. I email them 10th of September for asking latter and also I write my address. They replay they will send latter. But I’m still waiting.and another question they will charge my all ticket or only invalid ticket. I did it before 10/12 times. Also few months ago I pay penalty fare. So there are any chance without discuss they sent court. Or they will send me latter. I’m very anxious please advise me.
Advanced Thanks
 

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,991
Location
Airedale
When the letter arrives, come back for advice (and upload a copy, with your personal details hidden).
Meanwhile:
1. The Penalty Fare has settled the first time you tried to cheat the railway.
2. They will check for other instances if you travelled with a wrong ticket, and if they agree not to take you to court they will want you to pay for those journeys.
3. Please make sure you buy the right ticket from now on.
 

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,991
Location
Airedale
Thank you for advice if they give me out side court settlement or direct send it court.
I hope I understand you - sorry if not - they will normally write to you asking for your explanation.
The letter will sound very threatening, but this will be your chance to apologise and ask them to consider a settlement out-of-court. GTR will generally agree to this, despite the tone of their letter.
 

abdulmuhit

Member
Joined
13 Sep 2024
Messages
13
Location
welwyn garden ciry
Hello,
I really appreciate because there are I learn lots of advice. Anyone please advice me Govia Thameslink how long take for prosecution latter.
3rd of September inspector caught me and give me witness receipt. But today 11 th of October I didn’t received any prosecution latter. It’s alright or they already sent me court and already arrest warrant done about me. I really anxiety please help me I didn’t sleep.
 

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,843
They can take up to 6 months to get in touch, but I doubt you'll have to wait much longer. You are unlikely to be prosecuted without your knowledge (unless you gave a false address) and will definitely not be subject to an arrest warrant being issued so please try not to worry.
 

abdulmuhit

Member
Joined
13 Sep 2024
Messages
13
Location
welwyn garden ciry
I post here few times, I caught without ticket 3rd of September Welwyn north to Hatfield .today I get prosecution latter. I want to settele down out side court please advice me how can I replay their latter. How to convene them. And can I replay latter hand write or typing. This latter back side can I write or new one. Please help me sirIMG_2246.jpeg
 

abdulmuhit

Member
Joined
13 Sep 2024
Messages
13
Location
welwyn garden ciry
I post here few times, I caught without ticket 3rd of September Welwyn north to Hatfield .today I get prosecution latter. I want to settele down out side court please advice me how can I replay their latter. How to convene them. And can I replay latter hand write or typing. This latter back side can I write or new one. Please help me sir. How to I offer them to out side court settlement please
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2246.jpeg
    IMG_2246.jpeg
    785.8 KB · Views: 25

WesternLancer

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Apr 2019
Messages
15,375
I post here few times, I caught without ticket 3rd of September Welwyn north to Hatfield .today I get prosecution latter. I want to settele down out side court please advice me how can I replay their latter. How to convene them. And can I replay latter hand write or typing. This latter back side can I write or new one. Please help me sir. How to I offer them to out side court settlement please
see post #2 of this thread where @Hadders sets out the sort of things you should say in your reply

https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/railway-witness-statement-on-thameslink.275859/

I suggest replying with a short, concise letter mentioning:

- That you are sorry for what has happened
- What you have learned from the incident
- That you are keen to settle the matter without the need for court action
- Offer to pay the outstanding fare and the train company's administrative costs in dealing with the matter


If you have a go at drafting something people here can check it for you before you send it off as I suspect English may not be your first language, and you will want your wording to be correct.

You can type up a reply, attach it to what they have sent you, sign that and send it all back to them (be sure to write 'see attached response' on the back and be sure to include your ref number and postal address on every separate bit of paper you send them).

Or if your handwriting is very neat you can write on the back as they suggest.

Keep a copy of everything you send and keep that safe.

Post it using tracked postage so you know it has arrived with them safely - you can do that at a local Post Office

Do not miss the deadline they want you to reply by.
 

abdulmuhit

Member
Joined
13 Sep 2024
Messages
13
Location
welwyn garden ciry
see post #2 of this thread where @Hadders sets out the sort of things you should say in your reply

https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/railway-witness-statement-on-thameslink.275859/

I suggest replying with a short, concise letter mentioning:

- That you are sorry for what has happened
- What you have learned from the incident
- That you are keen to settle the matter without the need for court action
- Offer to pay the outstanding fare and the train company's administrative costs in dealing with the matter


If you have a go at drafting something people here can check it for you before you send it off as I suspect English may not be your first language, and you will want your wording to be correct.

You can type up a reply, attach it to what they have sent you, sign that and send it all back to them (be sure to write 'see attached response' on the back and be sure to include your ref number and postal address on every separate bit of paper you send them).

Or if your handwriting is very neat you can write on the back as they suggest.

Keep a copy of everything you send and keep that safe.

Post it using tracked postage so you know it has arrived with them safely - you can do that at a local Post Office

Do not miss the deadline they want you to reply by.
Thank you so much sir, can you chack I m thinking I will send this latter

Dear Govia Thameslink Railways,


I am writing to you today to express my sincere and deepest regret for an incident that occurred on September 3rd, 2024, while travelling from Welwyn North to Hatfield heart. I realize that I made a serious mistake that resulted in fare evasion, and I fully accept responsibility for my actions.


On that day, I boarded the train using without valid ticket. Unfortunately I was very hurry that day. I understand that this was a clear violation of your travel guidelines and that there is no excuse for my behavior.


I deeply regret my actions and am truly ashamed of my poor judgment. I understand the negative consequences of fare evasion, both in terms of the financial impact on your company and the unfair advantage it creates for me compared to other passengers who pay their fares correctly. My actions were unfair and inconsiderate, and I apologize for any inconvenience or upset caused.


From this incident, I have learned a valuable lesson about the importance of personal responsibility and following the rules. I understand that my actions impacted both the company and my fellow passengers, and I assure you that it will never happen again. In the future, I will always ensure that I have a fully valid ticket for every train journey and will adhere to all travel regulations.


To demonstrate my sincerity and desire to rectify this situation, I am eager to settle this matter without the need for further action. I am prepared to pay the full outstanding fare of my journey on September 3rd, 2024, along with any associated administrative costs that your company has incurred in dealing with this matter.


I appreciate your time and consideration in reviewing my apology and offer of payment. I hope that you will accept my sincere remorse and allow me to resolve this issue without further consequence.


Thank you for your understanding.


Sincerely,

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

And can I back to sent them this thread latter or keep myself thread latter
 
Last edited:

WesternLancer

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Apr 2019
Messages
15,375
"And can I back to sent them this thread latter or keep myself thread latter"

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are asking here. Perhaps you could explain or re-phrase your question

Regarding your draft I have made some suggested alterations below that I hope are clear and that this helps.
-Check your spelling settings are set to UK English not USA settings.
-Include your full name and postal address on what you send to them.
-Send it from a post office with tracked post so you know it has arrived by tracking the number the post office will give you on your reciept.


---------------------------------------

Dear Govia Thameslink Railways,

Reference Number [Insert your reference number from their paperwork]

I am writing to you today to express my sincere and deepest regret for an incident that occurred on September 3rd, 2024, while travelling from Welwyn North to Hatfield heart. I realize realise that I made a serious mistake that resulted in fare evasion, and I fully accept responsibility for my actions.


On that day, I boarded the train using without valid ticket. Unfortunately I was in a very hurry that day. I now understand that this was a clear violation of your travel guidelines and that there is no excuse for my failure to have a correct ticket. my behavior.


I deeply regret my actions and am truly ashamed of my poor judgment. I now understand the negative consequences of fare evasion, both in terms of the financial impact on your company and the unfair advantage it creates for me compared to other passengers who pay their fares correctly. My actions were unfair and inconsiderate, and I apologize for any inconvenience or upset caused.


From this incident, I have learned a valuable lesson about the importance of personal responsibility and following the rules. I understand that my actions impacted both the company and my fellow passengers, and I assure you that it will never happen again. In the future, I will always ensure that I have a fully valid ticket for every train journey. and will adhere to all travel regulations.


To demonstrate my sincerity and desire to rectify this situation,
I am eager to settle this matter without the need for further action. I am prepared to pay the full outstanding fare of my journey on September 3rd, 2024, along with any associated administrative costs that your company has incurred in dealing with this matter.


I appreciate your time and consideration in reviewing my apology and offer of payment. I hope that you will accept my sincere remorse and allow me to resolve this issue without the need for court action. further consequence.


Thank you for your understanding.


Sincerely,


Thank you so much sir, can you chack I m thinking I will send this latter

Dear Govia Thameslink Railways,


I am writing to you today to express my sincere and deepest regret for an incident that occurred on September 3rd, 2024, while travelling from Welwyn North to Hatfield heart. I realize that I made a serious mistake that resulted in fare evasion, and I fully accept responsibility for my actions.


On that day, I boarded the train using without valid ticket. Unfortunately I was very hurry that day. I understand that this was a clear violation of your travel guidelines and that there is no excuse for my behavior.


I deeply regret my actions and am truly ashamed of my poor judgment. I understand the negative consequences of fare evasion, both in terms of the financial impact on your company and the unfair advantage it creates for me compared to other passengers who pay their fares correctly. My actions were unfair and inconsiderate, and I apologize for any inconvenience or upset caused.


From this incident, I have learned a valuable lesson about the importance of personal responsibility and following the rules. I understand that my actions impacted both the company and my fellow passengers, and I assure you that it will never happen again. In the future, I will always ensure that I have a fully valid ticket for every train journey and will adhere to all travel regulations.


To demonstrate my sincerity and desire to rectify this situation, I am eager to settle this matter without the need for further action. I am prepared to pay the full outstanding fare of my journey on September 3rd, 2024, along with any associated administrative costs that your company has incurred in dealing with this matter.


I appreciate your time and consideration in reviewing my apology and offer of payment. I hope that you will accept my sincere remorse and allow me to resolve this issue without further consequence.


Thank you for your understanding.


Sincerely,

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

And can I back to sent them this thread latter or keep myself thread latter
 
Last edited:

abdulmuhit

Member
Joined
13 Sep 2024
Messages
13
Location
welwyn garden ciry
I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are asking here. Perhaps you could explain or re-phrase your question

Regarding your draft I have made some suggested alterations below that I hope are clear and that this helps.
-Check your spelling settings are set to UK English not USA settings.
-Include your full name and postal address on what you send to them.
-Send it from a post office with tracked post so you know it has arrived by tracking the number the post office will give you on your reciept.


---------------------------------------

Dear Govia Thameslink Railways,

Reference Number [Insert your reference number from their paperwork]

I am writing to you today to express my sincere and deepest regret for an incident that occurred on September 3rd, 2024, while travelling from Welwyn North to Hatfield heart. I realize realise that I made a serious mistake that resulted in fare evasion, and I fully accept responsibility for my actions.


On that day, I boarded the train using without valid ticket. Unfortunately I was in a very hurry that day. I now understand that this was a clear violation of your travel guidelines and that there is no excuse for my failure to have a correct ticket. my behavior.


I deeply regret my actions and am truly ashamed of my poor judgment. I now understand the negative consequences of fare evasion, both in terms of the financial impact on your company and the unfair advantage it creates for me compared to other passengers who pay their fares correctly. My actions were unfair and inconsiderate, and I apologize for any inconvenience or upset caused.


From this incident, I have learned a valuable lesson about the importance of personal responsibility and following the rules. I understand that my actions impacted both the company and my fellow passengers, and I assure you that it will never happen again. In the future, I will always ensure that I have a fully valid ticket for every train journey. and will adhere to all travel regulations.


To demonstrate my sincerity and desire to rectify this situation,
I am eager to settle this matter without the need for further action. I am prepared to pay the full outstanding fare of my journey on September 3rd, 2024, along with any associated administrative costs that your company has incurred in dealing with this matter.


I appreciate your time and consideration in reviewing my apology and offer of payment. I hope that you will accept my sincere remorse and allow me to resolve this issue without the need for court action. further consequence.


Thank you for your understanding.


Sincerely,
Thank you so much sir for understand me. English is my not first language. Can you please ensure me can I send back them also thread latter or just I send new latter and apologise. Can I keep latter which one send me Govia Thames link or I need to send back them

Thank you so much for your time
 

WesternLancer

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Apr 2019
Messages
15,375
Thank you so much sir for understand me. English is my not first language. Can you please ensure me can I send back them also thread latter or just I send new latter and apologise. Can I keep latter which one send me Govia Thames link or I need to send back them

Thank you so much for your time
you should make a copy of what they have sent you (both sides every page) for you to keep a record of it.

You should fill in their letter with the details they ask and sign it (make a copy of that also)

You should write on it 'Please see attached response' in the section where they ask if you have any mitigation

You should enclose the apology you have written with what you send back, making sure that if it is on a separate piece of paper that it has your name, address and the case reference number clearly stated on it.

You should also keep a copy of that

You should then go to a post office and send IT ALL to them tracked postage so you know for certain it has been delivered to the correct office.
 

abdulmuhit

Member
Joined
13 Sep 2024
Messages
13
Location
welwyn garden ciry
you should make a copy of what they have sent you (both sides every page) for you to keep a record of it.

You should fill in their letter with the details they ask and sign it (make a copy of that also)

You should write on it 'Please see attached response' in the section where they ask if you have any mitigation

You should enclose the apology you have written with what you send back, making sure that if it is on a separate piece of paper that it has your name, address and the case reference number clearly stated on it.

You should also keep a copy of that

You should then go to a post office and send IT ALL to them tracked postage so you know for certain it has been delivered to the correct office.
I really appreciate your help thank you so much
 

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,669
Location
LBK
Thanks for giving us an update and glad it’s resolved for you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top