• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hypothetical: Waiting too long in station drop off / pick-up zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David57

Member
Joined
10 Apr 2013
Messages
279
Location
Rural Northamptonshire.
Some Stations with ANPR and private companies enforcing fines are not very forgiving, recently I parked at Long Buckby, paid, the machine required my vehicles registration number, but got a digit wrong by one letter.

Fine arrives in the post saying that 'I had failed to pay', contacted them by post with copies of the ticket and bank statement that proved I had paid, but they offered as a 'goodwill' gesture that would reduce the charge to £20.00.

So, even though it is hypothetical, in real life, I wouldnt risk it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top