• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Humber Explorer tour 02/04/11 travel help

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
3,087
Location
Trowbridge
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone from the south is booked on this tour?

If so, would I cheekily be able to ask for a car share if passing near the Trowbridge area? I would pay £10-£20+ for fuel/wear and tear (for a return that is) I will accept price offers like £25 £30 or whatever.

If not, does anyone know if there is any cheap places in Bristol to stay? It has to be in the Temple Meads area ideally, as I have no transport at all so walking distance is preferable. I don't really want to pay £50 for a night (when I could pay £40 for a sleep in a HST/153 or 150 by going via Fisghguard!)


Just thought I'd ask, if you don't ask, you don't get :p


Any help gratefully appreciated


Cheers,

James.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone from the south is booked on this tour?

If so, would I cheekily be able to ask for a car share if passing near the Trowbridge area? I would pay £10-£20+ for fuel/wear and tear (for a return that is) I will accept price offers like £25 £30 or whatever.

If not, does anyone know if there is any cheap places in Bristol to stay? It has to be in the Temple Meads area ideally, as I have no transport at all so walking distance is preferable. I don't really want to pay £50 for a night (when I could pay £40 for a sleep in a HST/153 or 150 by going via Fisghguard!)


Just thought I'd ask, if you don't ask, you don't get :p


Any help gratefully appreciated


Cheers,

James.

Some times the Holiday Inn Express opposite Temple Meads Stn has v good deals. Superbreak have good deals too, depending on dates. Gd Luck, enjoy the tour.
 

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
3,087
Location
Trowbridge
Some times the Holiday Inn Express opposite Temple Meads Stn has v good deals. Superbreak have good deals too, depending on dates. Gd Luck, enjoy the tour.

Thanks for that Stevieboi, unfortunately they are £50+, cheaper to do a overnight mileage trip and pay for my own breakfast really (not cheaper than a car share though) but thank you anyway, I will look at those again if needed for future dates!


Cheers,

James.
 

Railjet

Member
Joined
28 Feb 2009
Messages
408
As a last resort, on the Friday night, you could stay at the Newport Travelodge (currently on sale for £19 on 1 April when I checked), very close to Newport station, and get the 05:09 to BPW or BRI on the Saturday morning.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top