GraphitProjekt
Member
Apologies if there is already a thread about this.
On several weekends this month (including this one and the next) all Hull Trains services are diverting after Doncaster to run through Mexborough, Barrow Hill, Erewash Valley line and then all the way to St Pancras. I have two questions about this.
1. How do HT staff maintain route knowledge of essentially all of the MML? Are they running regular refreshers throughout the year? I'm surprised and impressed that this is considered economical.
2. Why don't they they use the wires south of Wigston? They are scheduled to run electric on the ~12 miles between Temple Hirst Jnc and Doncaster but nowhere else.
As more of a point of curiosity, I also find it interesting that they call at Leicester or sometimes Kettering which is funny because HT will appear on no-one's route map at those stations.
On several weekends this month (including this one and the next) all Hull Trains services are diverting after Doncaster to run through Mexborough, Barrow Hill, Erewash Valley line and then all the way to St Pancras. I have two questions about this.
1. How do HT staff maintain route knowledge of essentially all of the MML? Are they running regular refreshers throughout the year? I'm surprised and impressed that this is considered economical.
2. Why don't they they use the wires south of Wigston? They are scheduled to run electric on the ~12 miles between Temple Hirst Jnc and Doncaster but nowhere else.
As more of a point of curiosity, I also find it interesting that they call at Leicester or sometimes Kettering which is funny because HT will appear on no-one's route map at those stations.
