• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hugh Longworth’s DMU book

Status
Not open for further replies.

amwells

Verified Rep - SRPS
Joined
30 Sep 2019
Messages
203
Location
Edinburgh
Hi,

There was a book produced in 2011 called BR First Generation DMUs. I don’t suppose anyone has a copy that they would be willing to sell me?

cheers,
Andrew
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swanhill41

Member
Joined
8 Nov 2016
Messages
253
Location
Fleetwood
Have you tried likes of Martin Bott or Robert Humm?...Note Robert Humm in particular do not list all books on line....Oh did a check on old faithful ,Bookfinder search site and bar a "funny " listing none shown.
 

amwells

Verified Rep - SRPS
Joined
30 Sep 2019
Messages
203
Location
Edinburgh
Thank you, I haven’t tried those but I will look. There’s one on eBay but it is on at buy it now £275!!
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
I have a copy but unfortunately it's not for sale! If I'd known it was going fetch £275 on e-bay, I would have bought 2 copies all them years ago! :lol:

I've just had a quick look at some of the other sites I use, eg Bill Hudson Books, MDS Books, Waterstones and no joy unfortunately.
 

amwells

Verified Rep - SRPS
Joined
30 Sep 2019
Messages
203
Location
Edinburgh
Thank you for all your help and for your searches! I have now sourced a copy at Robert Humm, after a lovely phone call. It should be in the post to me soon. Thank you again.
 

swanhill41

Member
Joined
8 Nov 2016
Messages
253
Location
Fleetwood
Ah good old Robert ...Had many a chat in the station location...Great gentleman,...Surprised he did that move as " 75 " in August...Last of the old catalogue sellers,as opposed to internet sellers of railway books...Glad you bought from him,ref my suggestion ?
 

amwells

Verified Rep - SRPS
Joined
30 Sep 2019
Messages
203
Location
Edinburgh
Ah good old Robert ...Had many a chat in the station location...Great gentleman,...Surprised he did that move as " 75 " in August...Last of the old catalogue sellers,as opposed to internet sellers of railway books...Glad you bought from him,ref my suggestion ?

yes thank you for the suggestion. To be honest I wasn’t aware of either and so I contacted them on your suggestion. Thank you again.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top