• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

HUGE Thanks to SWR at Salisbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornish Pasty

Member
Joined
11 Apr 2023
Messages
38
Location
Cornwall
Yesterday I was unfortunately on the 1110 GWR service out of Southampton Central. This train was only formed of 2 carriages.
It was utter carnage with so many people and cases.

We finally arrived into Salisbury 13 late.
This meant I missed my 1147 connection down to Whimple.

I enquired of the Station Manager what to do and he said " Give me a little while - I'll make a phone call "

He emerged a little while later clutching a duplicate docket and gave one each to the driver and the guard for the 1247.

He then told me that an additional stop had been approved for Whimple on the next train.

Absolutely outstanding customer service!!!!

As it happened I was the only person to leave the train there.
Word had obviously got out about an additional service from Whimple as there were other people waiting to board.

Many thanks to all involved.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bcarmicle

Member
Joined
11 May 2018
Messages
409
If you haven’t already, it would be worth writing in to SWR customer services with this so that they can pass on your thanks to the station manager and their management line.
 

LCC106

Established Member
Joined
16 Nov 2011
Messages
1,490
I agree. Definitely send the compliment in to the train operating company.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top