• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Huddersfield diversions indicating untapped demand for services

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleAH

Established Member
Joined
24 Oct 2018
Messages
1,214
I wasn't really suggesting that they could. But I do think we shouldn't primarily use current usage levels to extrapolate potential demand, if you have a decent and fast service which doesn't cost a fortune the appetite exists everywhere, not just Huddersfield.
But it’s not just about Huddersfield, although passenger numbers historic and current show how big the market is. The journey times impact Manchester to Leeds, which commercially for TPE is crucial. So whilst Sowerby Bridge might get a fast service, those travelling over the Pennines currently are seeing journey times increase by up to 50%.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

KNN

Member
Joined
9 Feb 2024
Messages
296
Location
Birmingham
But it’s not just about Huddersfield, although passenger numbers historic and current show how big the market is. The journey times impact Manchester to Leeds, which commercially for TPE is crucial. So whilst Sowerby Bridge might get a fast service, those travelling over the Pennines currently are seeing journey times increase by up to 50%.
I wasn't questioning that, I don't live anywhere near the Pennines, all I said was that if a faster and better service exists at a reasonable price then travelling by rail is popular wherever you are. And that I don't think how popular a bad service is, will tell you much about how popular a good service would be.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top