• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

HST diagram at Newport today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Joined
14 Nov 2011
Messages
13,472
Location
Caerphilly
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/V40528/2015/08/31/advanced

I was at Newport (S Wales) this morning at about 7.15 when a FGW HST came in from the Cardiff direction. It was an ECS but then returned in the Cardiff direction. I found it on realtimetrains but what was the purpose of running ECS from Swansea to Cardiff via Newport?

I don't know if you were aware that there was FGW strike action and it could have been that the stock had to leave Swansea when it could be crewed and went to wait at Newport to keep it out of the way of Cardiff until required for it's next working.. I may be wrong, but only a suggestion but obviously due to the dispute. By the way, excuse me for saying so, but 5L48 is a train not a Diagram.

Just thinking from the actual timings, it could have been held at Pengam Sdgs but as this was not a timing point on the schedule there would have been nothing for RTT to match it up to.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top