Bartsimho
Member
I wanted to get the opinion here is this article is accurate, over egging it or click bait?
Archive link as I can't get the regular one to load but it's from www.railtech.com
They state:
It does say 'insider' and I'm not sure how much people can say even on this more anonymous forum so I was wondering if this seemed accurate?
Archive link as I can't get the regular one to load but it's from www.railtech.com
They state:
However, according to sources inside the project, the enabling works already underway on the sections from Birmingham to Crewe and onwards to Manchester are not being paused at all. They say that instead of mothballing the environmental and preparatory works, sites along the route are being demolished, and installed infrastructure is being junked, at cost to the UK taxpayers. The HS2 project company has however been at pains to promote its environmental awareness during the construction of the railway.
Heartbreaking trashing everything
The sources contacting this news service claim that costs running to millions of pounds will be incurred because of what they say will mean “ripping out things that have cost the tax payer millions and millions of pounds to construct and isn’t something that would be done if works were planned to be picked back up in the future”. They believe the government has plans for HS2 to run from Birmingham to London only. “It will be heartbreaking to see the bulldozers and diggers trashing everything that so many people have worked so hard to create on the basis of government dishonesty”, claim the sources. “If the government were truly just wanting to delay Phase 2a then the only sensible and cost effective way to do this would be to complete the early environmental works and leave these to bed in to make a planned recommencement of main works easier to deliver.”
Nevertheless, the company is quite clear that it is working to implement the government’s pause decision. “We are working closely with our supply chain to implement these changes and will keep local communities informed”, an HS2 spokesperson said. “We encourage people to contact our Helpdesk, which is open all day, every day, if they have any questions or concerns.” The overall promoter of the HS2 development, the UK government’s Department for Transport, has been approached for further comment.
It does say 'insider' and I'm not sure how much people can say even on this more anonymous forum so I was wondering if this seemed accurate?
Last edited: