jonathanforste
New Member
Hi,
Commuting from Stockton to Sunderland once a week on the northern rail service I wondered at what point will the service ever be upgraded. It takes 48mins so isn't fast and stops at 5 stations on the way.
If it was faster would more people use it justifying an upgrade? Whats involved in an upgrade, how much does it cost? Could it stop at the same stations if it had more carriages (2 atm)? Who decides these things, what equation do they use and how can I ask them to upgrade quicker?
Commuting from Stockton to Sunderland once a week on the northern rail service I wondered at what point will the service ever be upgraded. It takes 48mins so isn't fast and stops at 5 stations on the way.
If it was faster would more people use it justifying an upgrade? Whats involved in an upgrade, how much does it cost? Could it stop at the same stations if it had more carriages (2 atm)? Who decides these things, what equation do they use and how can I ask them to upgrade quicker?
