Maybe he means that pacers are so popular that if passengers knew which trains they would operate, severe overcrowding would be the result?
It's a well known fact that the favoured means of transport for us in the north is by Pacer and that we never want them to be replaced

Or at least, that seems to be what the DfT think, seeing as the north of England is the natural habitat for the vast majority of the units. :roll:
All the more choice of seats on board for me then!
Ah the perfect opportunity for a bit of quality time with a 142 unit, bouncing around the north east...oh the memories...oh the back ache...
Actually, and I better not shout this too loud, since I moved away to Birmingham from Sunderland, I have begun to MISS the 142s I left behind; any trip up to Manchester or back home is the opportunity for a nostalgic "bounce" on a 142

Though if anybody tries to take away my beloved 323s from the cross-city line and stick a few 142s in their place, I'll 'ave yer

; I'm not quite THAT nostalgic about them
