• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How to amend an Advance fare booked through Chiltern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScotGG

Established Member
Joined
3 Apr 2013
Messages
1,588
Can someone tell me how to do this? I booked on Chiltern and when logged into my booking there's no way to amend. I can't find any link on their site either except which sends me to National Rail to explain the policy.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,463
Location
Yorkshire
Can someone tell me how to do this? I booked on Chiltern and when logged into my booking there's no way to amend. I can't find any link on their site either except which sends me to National Rail to explain the policy.
I'm not sure about Chiltern, but with many retailers you need to request a refund and re-book the journey.

I've asked Chiltern for you on Twitter


Edit: Chiltern's reply was to refer you to this page, which states:
Advance ticket bookings between 21st June and 31st March 2022 can be exchanged to travel at a different time or date fee-free.
  • Fee-free Change of Journey – Customers will still be required to pay any fare difference, and changes must be made by 18:00 the day before travel; original origin and destination must remain the same, but customers are permitted to change the date and time to travel on another service or day, or
  • Advance tickets purchased can be surrendered back to the original retailer for an E-Rail Travel Voucher or Rail Travel Voucher for use purchasing a future ticket. Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of issue. Request must be made by 18:00 the day before travel.
If you can't see any option to make a change, it sounds like you will need to re-book and request a refund of the original (by 1800 the day before travel).
 
Last edited:

sammyg901

Member
Joined
24 Mar 2009
Messages
442
This is what I had to do recently- an RTV for the original ticket then appeared in the post not long after. I did think at the time this wouldn't be very fair to a non-regular rail user to not get a cash refund but for me no big deal !
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top