• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

how much will my fine be GWR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cameronpm88

New Member
Joined
1 May 2018
Messages
2
I had a ticket that was valid for a return from redruth to par station and by accident must of got rid of it when ckearing our my wallet but I had a ticket that was valid from par to redruth and that was in my wallet so I gave him that thinking it was the other ticket! After he said this ticket isn’t valid he said this is a offence even though I explained this is a honest mistake and I’m wiling to pay. He said I’ll get a letter with the cost of the ticket and a fee. How much will this fee or fine cost please help! Thank you
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JN114

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2005
Messages
3,530
Settlement offer - The cost of your ticket plus admin cost to cover handling your case - very high 2 figures or low 3 figures is the kind of ballpark you can expect.
 

Cameronpm88

New Member
Joined
1 May 2018
Messages
2
Settlement offer - The cost of your ticket plus admin cost to cover handling your case - very high 2 figures or low 3 figures is the kind of ballpark you can expect.
What’s the price range could I ask like it’s quite annoying as it’s a simple mistake as I catch the same train 3-4 times a week to be fined even though I would pay the ticket
 

najaB

Veteran Member
Joined
28 Aug 2011
Messages
33,726
Location
Scotland
What’s the price range could I ask like it’s quite annoying as it’s a simple mistake as I catch the same train 3-4 times a week to be fined even though I would pay the ticket
Depending on if GWR believes it was an honest mistake or not you could be asked to pay just the fare due, the fare plus a contribution to costs (typically between £80 and £200) or you could be prosecuted and fined by the court anything up to (theoretically) £1000 - though c. £400 is typical for a court fine.

If you are forthright and honest in any correspondence with GWR and admit that you made a mistake I'm reasonably confident that the first two outcomes are more likely than the last one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top