• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

how much time if case taken to court?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABLeLo89

New Member
Joined
24 Jan 2016
Messages
1
Hello

I have recently received a Notice of Intention to prosecute letter and they asked for my side of story...which I replied to them saying 'If I made a mistake, then sorry, I was not sure if what I was doing was right or wrong and am willing to pay for admin costs etc..'

I posted my reply by recorded delivery Sat 23/1/16. Hopefully they agree to settle this out of court, but just in case they decide to take me to magistrates court, does anyone know how much time they roughly provide from me receiving the court letter, to the actual court date?

The reason I ask is because I am planning on going away on holiday between 22 Feb to 5 March, and obviously dont want the court date to land during this period.

Thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Fare-Cop

Member
Joined
5 Aug 2010
Messages
950
Location
England
Yes, the Court will require a minimum of 7 days between serving a Summons and the listed hearing date, but most prosecutors will usually ensure 14 days as a minimum.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top