Bletchleyite
Veteran Member
How low do you go? 
EV owners can also post of course.
Early in my driving career I was driving to North Wales late at night via the A5, and went from 1/4 to fumes before I found a petrol station that was open (the one in Betws I think). Since then that's been my approach. It's vindicated itself several times, both in that case and during shortages etc.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Petrol stations also sell coffee and (usually) have toilets. If I'm stopping for that, putting fuel in as well is not a massive encumbrance.

EV owners can also post of course.
Anybody want to sponsor a thread on "How low on fuel/charge do you let your car get ?".
In theory mine could do Stevenage to Aviemore (via A82/A86) on one tank, but I have never risked it. Filling up at Fort William avoids the risk of being wrong, and is cheaper.
Early in my driving career I was driving to North Wales late at night via the A5, and went from 1/4 to fumes before I found a petrol station that was open (the one in Betws I think). Since then that's been my approach. It's vindicated itself several times, both in that case and during shortages etc.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Good grief! I don’t look for petrol till I’m on 10 miles range or less (Unless on a motorway. I’m not paying those prices). Life’s too short to be at petrol stations unnecessarily!
Petrol stations also sell coffee and (usually) have toilets. If I'm stopping for that, putting fuel in as well is not a massive encumbrance.