• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How long is this rail journey (in miles)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gathursty

Established Member
Joined
31 May 2011
Messages
2,651
Location
Wigan
I can't seem to work Railmiles so what does this come to:

Preston - Fort William (sleeper route) - Mallaig - Glasgow Queen Street - Edinburgh (via Falkirk High) - Wigan North Western.

Ta :)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MCR247

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2008
Messages
10,292
I make it 816.6625 miles, not using chains :)

Could and probably mistaken though :)
 

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,856
I got:
Preston-Fort William via Edinburgh and Falkirk High - 357mi 11ch
Fort William-Mallaig - 41mi 28ch
Mallaig-Glasgow Queen St - 163mi 64ch
Glasgow Queen St-Edinburgh via Falkirk High - 47mi 23ch
Edinburgh-Wigan North Western - 206mi 45ch
Total - 816mi 11ch
 

Gathursty

Established Member
Joined
31 May 2011
Messages
2,651
Location
Wigan
Thanks for all the different replies :P I'll take it as ~820 miles. I just couldn't put a figure on how much I'd travelled in 4 days.

PS: Do the Glasgow Queen St - Mallaig stretch at least once! It's a feast for the eyes... :D
 

Tav77

Member
Joined
10 Sep 2011
Messages
64
PS: Do the Glasgow Queen St - Mallaig stretch at least once! It's a feast for the eyes... :D

I couldn't agree more, did it in April this year, a splendid 5 hours for a very cheap price

I was just disappointed it was the week before the summer bus timetable in Skye as my plan was to go across to Skye to get to Kyle of Localsh for the last Inverness train of the day
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top