• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How long does it take to get feed back from a First Group Rail Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denzil

New Member
Joined
7 Oct 2014
Messages
1
I had an interview for a technical position with First Group Rail almost 1 month ago but have received no feedback at all, the person giving the interview said it could take a couple of weeks before I am told if I was successful or not.

I took an aptitude test before the interview and they said I would be told the following day if I had passed it or not. I heard nothing from them so I assumed I had failed it, 3 weeks later I received an email saying that I had passed the test and to come in for a interview. With that in mind I don't know if they are taking a long time to notify me if I have been successful or if they have already chosen someone else for the position and have not told me.

Is it normal for them to take this long or do you think I have lost out on the job?

Would it be a good idea to contact them and who should I contact?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2005
Messages
8,824
Location
Back office
How long's a piece of string :D

The railway recruitment process can seem interminable sometimes - I've waited over a month to hear back from interviews where I was the successful candidate in the past.
 

harrysno1dad

Member
Joined
12 Jun 2012
Messages
35
if they said leave it so many weeks leave it at least that, but don't leave itooooooo long, as i missed out progressing with FPTE due to an admin error, by the time I'd contacted them they had sent out job offers.......:(
 

Reh1988

Member
Joined
29 Sep 2014
Messages
11
Location
Plymouth, UK
It does take quite a while. I applied for 2 jobs both the same in different locations and it took about 9 weeks to hear I'd been put on the waiting list.

Might be worth sending them an email as for another job prior to this I'd missed out due to an admin error.

Just email there general careers address they respond pretty quickly from experience.
 

Bodiddly

Member
Joined
7 Feb 2013
Messages
648
Which First Group company was it? If it was First Capital Connect or First Scotrail you can probably forget it as a recruitment freeze is probably on the cards for these two. Contact the personnel team for the particular company. I can only speak for First Scotrail but the personnel team in Glasgow are very friendly and informative.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top