• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How long does it actually take to walk from Newark Northgate to Castle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David Goddard

Established Member
Joined
8 Aug 2011
Messages
1,515
Location
Ely
AA Mapping shows a distance of 0.9 miles so I would say if walking briskly should take no more than fifteen minutes.
 

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,856
I seem to recall it took me about 12-15 minutes when I tried it last summer (Castle-Northgate)
 

edwin_m

Veteran Member
Joined
21 Apr 2013
Messages
28,760
Location
Nottingham
I agree - I've done it in 13min. There is now an alternative route along the north bank of the Trent and across a new footbridge, which is a bit longer but less traffic.
 

High Dyke

Established Member
Joined
1 Jan 2013
Messages
5,023
Location
Yellabelly Country
It does indeed take about 15 minutes to walk it, though i believe the suggested walking time is more like 20 minutes. I suppose it also depends if you get waylaid en-route in any of the pubs.

Alternatively you could catch one of the inconvenient trains between the two stations - depending on the time of day and direction of travel.
 
Last edited:

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Joined
15 May 2012
Messages
5,438
Location
Croydon
Well I've learnt some new! (Here's the itinerary). I presume it has to reverse back up to the flat crossing? No wonder it takes nearly as long as walking!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top