• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How likely is it the 3rd June strike will be canned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Joined
10 Jun 2005
Messages
3,156
Trains booked for the FA Cup final on 3rd June…the day after I booked they announced the strike! Typical…

How likely is it the strike will be canned? Is it worth hanging on and hoping the strike is canned before making alternative plans, or is it highly likely to go ahead so best to bite the bullet and make alternative plans now?

Just looking for some insight from those more in the know re: strikes than me!

PS: I have no agenda as to the rights and wrongs of the strikes, all I care about is getting to Wembley to see my team :D
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Intercity110

On Moderation
Joined
31 Jul 2022
Messages
568
Location
64Mi 64Ch (Approximately)
Trains booked for the FA Cup final on 3rd June…the day after I booked they announced the strike! Typical…

How likely is it the strike will be canned? Is it worth hanging on and hoping the strike is canned before making alternative plans, or is it highly likely to go ahead so best to bite the bullet and make alternative plans now?

Just looking for some insight from those more in the know re: strikes than me!

PS: I have no agenda as to the rights and wrongs of the strikes, all I care about is getting to Wembley to see my team :D
They may pull it at the last moment, when strike timetables have been implemented. I’d suggest having a contingency plan. It’s what I’d do.
 

Snow1964

Established Member
Joined
7 Oct 2019
Messages
11,176
Location
West Wiltshire
At moment strikes have only just been announced so what reaction is from rail companies side is difficult to say, a bank holiday weekend is not going to see much happen.

On 4th May the RMT close a strike mandate ballot, not sure how long it will take them to announce anything, but depending on the results (strictly there are 14 separate ballots, and it could be might not all vote same way). This is almost certainly likely to affect any appetite for digging in with both sides apart or agreeing something.

So wait until middle of next week, before anything is likely to be clearer as to what may happen in months time.
 

The Snap

Established Member
Joined
10 Jun 2005
Messages
3,156
At moment strikes have only just been announced so what reaction is from rail companies side is difficult to say, a bank holiday weekend is not going to see much happen.

On 4th May the RMT close a strike mandate ballot, not sure how long it will take them to announce anything, but depending on the results (strictly there are 14 separate ballots, and it could be might not all vote same way). This is almost certainly likely to affect any appetite for digging in with both sides apart or agreeing something.

So wait until middle of next week, before anything is likely to be clearer as to what may happen in months time.
Ok thanks for the advice
 

ChrisC

Established Member
Joined
7 Oct 2018
Messages
2,266
Location
Nottinghamshire
Trains booked for the FA Cup final on 3rd June…the day after I booked they announced the strike! Typical…

How likely is it the strike will be canned? Is it worth hanging on and hoping the strike is canned before making alternative plans, or is it highly likely to go ahead so best to bite the bullet and make alternative plans now?

Just looking for some insight from those more in the know re: strikes than me!

PS: I have no agenda as to the rights and wrongs of the strikes, all I care about is getting to Wembley to see my team :D
I’m thinking exactly the same about the 31st May strike. I’ve got a hotel booked for 9 nights up in Aberdeen and should be travelling back home on the 31st. It’s cancellable up until the 21st May so I’m hanging on until closer to the time just in case the strike is cancelled.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top