• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How is the December ‘25 timetable panning out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bayum

Established Member
Joined
21 Mar 2008
Messages
3,298
Location
Leeds
Thought it might be useful to have a separate thread from confirmed changes to how its application into practice is going.

I think I recall some discussion that the Leeds-Sheffield fast is delayed whilst Northern see how their other changes are going?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Apr 2010
Messages
34,308
I think I recall some discussion that the Leeds-Sheffield fast is delayed whilst Northern see how their other changes are going?
But does that discussion need to be repeated? It’s already happened in the existing “confirmed changes“ thread that has moved on to discussion of things that are being intentionally delayed
 

dk1

Veteran Member
Joined
2 Oct 2009
Messages
19,879
Location
East Anglia
Thought it might be useful to have a separate thread from confirmed changes to how its application into practice is going.

I think I recall some discussion that the Leeds-Sheffield fast is delayed whilst Northern see how their other changes are going?
I was under the impression from other recent posts on here that it was operating tomorrow then again in the new year.
 

JRT

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2020
Messages
385
Location
Bradford
Thought it might be useful to have a separate thread from confirmed changes to how its application into practice is going.

I think I recall some discussion that the Leeds-Sheffield fast is delayed whilst Northern see how their other changes are going?
The discussions appear to be going on in their various earlier threads. Ask the admin whether they want to close the other threads and move discussions onto here.

Announced in September.

A new hourly service between Leeds and Sheffield will operate on Saturday, 20 and Sunday, 21 December, followed by the full rollout of the (daily) service from Saturday, 27 December 2025.
 

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Joined
8 Sep 2019
Messages
11,025
Location
London
In practice, I think we’d have to wait until January to see how it’s panning out.
 

The Planner

Veteran Member
Joined
15 Apr 2008
Messages
19,726
In practice, I think we’d have to wait until January to see how it’s panning out.
Later than that, as in the other threads, you need all the WCML and Church Fenton closures done and then a couple of weeks on top.
 

Snow1964

Established Member
Joined
7 Oct 2019
Messages
11,218
Location
West Wiltshire
There has been a little bit of thinning out in the Westbury area, just odd trains. Not going down well on some local social media.

Unlike the improvements that tend to get PR fanfare in the weeks/months before, there was complete silence about these, which reading between the lines are more due to not employing enough staff to continue operating previous timetable.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top